Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at my local (SF Bay Area) Craigslist. VTX 1300's are selling for ~$6K or less with ~3K miles. I paid MSRP out the door in 2004, and looking back, I have no regrets. I just changed the oil and filter tonight, and the bike responded gratefully (full synthetic Castrol, Bosch filter.) What a ride. What a GREAT BIKE.

- SF

·
Registered
370 Posts
No regrets

:agree::agree::agree:
I purchased my '06 VTX1300C on April 1st this year and put the very first mile on it:D. It listed for $9399.00 but I paid less than $7500.00 with the discounts they gave me. It now has 9400 miles and I wouldn't trade it for any of the bikes my friends ride, some have HD's some VTX's, one has a very nice Yamaha and one has a total custom. Our VTX's have the best rep for 'no problems yet':thumbup: and every mod I make just keeps this bike getting better and better. I take good care of mine (as do all my friends with their respective bikes) but I have to say, dollar for dollar we got the best deal with the X's!:firstplace:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought mine new in April for just over 7k and would not trade it for anything I've seen.

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
:agree:

Even though I got a great deal back in 04 on mine & was at a point in my life that I could have bought ANY bike I wanted I still love the simplicity and reliability.The only regrets I have is not enough riding time...........Lots of six day weeks at work the last four years............BUT with this economy that has changed,at least there is a bright side to these four day work weeks..............................:lol:..ROD

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I was just looking at my local (SF Bay Area) Craigslist. VTX 1300's are selling for ~$6K or less with ~3K miles. I paid MSRP out the door in 2004, and looking back, I have no regrets. I just changed the oil and filter tonight, and the bike responded gratefully (full synthetic Castrol, Bosch filter.) What a ride. What a GREAT BIKE.

- SF
I'm always a sucker for not overspending and regretting it if I do, yet I know if I buy new, I've already lost money as I ride off the lot. Still, buying new over used is something I don't get to do often and had never doen with a MC until last spring when I bought a new/leftover 2007 VTX1300S. I've been very happy with the purchase and even though reselling would be a losing proposition, I like the bike and am glad I bought when I was able to.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I paid too much for my 2007 VTX1300R as well (MSRP) and added an extended warranty and Lo-Jack package on it as well. But as others have voiced here; no regrets (it's paid off now) and I think it is worth all that was paid.

Kindest regards,

-Will

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ok I will admit to being Took for my money. I went to my stealer on my NEW 2008 Honda Rebel with 400 miles on it. To look into getting saddle bags and a sissy bar for it. Cause my wife decided she liked riding with me around town to pay all the bills. They had a VTX 1300C just come in from a test drive. The stealer asked if I wanted to test drive it since it was already out and ready to go. and give me something to do while the other stealer was looking up the stuff I wanted. Well I fell in love with it before I got out the drive way. I had just made the 3rd payment on the Rebel and now I was trading it in on a NEW 2007 1300R. So if I remember right when I am finished paying the whole thing off I will have close to $11,000 in my Stock 1300R. But I have NO regrets at all I love my "X"

·
Registered
128 Posts
No regrets

I remember when I bought my X. Every week for six weeks back in 06" my friend and I would go to the stealer and browse. Well he finally asked me if I would like him to run up the numbers on a beautiful "S" model. I said O.K. He called me on the day my wife was having her knee replaced and I rolled it off the floor for 6K. I traded in a Suzuki Cavalcade and have not looked back since.

·
Registered
120 Posts
my story....

I went from a brand new rebel (not a clue on where the brake was, or which way to turn the throttle-wow!!) in july 06 paid cash-after 3rd ride was ready to upgrade. kept it for practice and skills for 9 months. found a pearl white 750 spirit local on ebay....rode it almost 5000 miles and added pipes, chrome, sissy bar, etc on that for almost a 1.5 years. loved it but took a friends vtx to get serviced and fell in love. Got my 2005 blue baby in august (ebay of course with 6200 miles on it) of this year and wouldnt change it for anything in this world. 4 months and 3500 miles later. Everyone was telling me to buy it new...but i got it for $6000 cash, with hk k2's & sissy bar included. Even better- with no payments, with the economy like it is. I'd get rid of my f150 before i get rid of my moto!! I felt sorry for the guy in tampa that sold it to me - he had financial problems and had to sell it. Got another gal friend and talked her into changing from her 750 spirit to a vtx and she feels the same!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
rode harleys all my life and on july 18 '06 circumstances only allowed me to be able to afford a vtx....think we paid 7500 for it out the door. anyway, on july 10 '07 i hit a car broadside at 50 mph. my poor little vtx was no more....gotta tell ya bro's, that really was a sweet little bike. under a year old and had almost 20,000 miles on her and she ran like a top. not only was this a great scoot but a real eye opener for me as well, it got me over the harley versus the rest mentality, allowed me to become part of another world here at this site, allowed me to meet alot of cool people i mite not have otherwise met and even sparked me to start a small business doin mods and stuff.

ok, get yer sticks and stones ready.....i ride a harley night train these days but not a day goes by i don't think about my X. i know some of you are growling at me but you have to be true to who you are and a harley has always been part of my life and i just have a soft spot for 'em. i can tell ya'll this though, i'll never bad mouth ANY bike just on hearsay anymore after owning my X.....seems kinda foolish to argue one is better than another without having ridden or owned what's being argued about. kinda like apples and oranges, both are good but different.

anyway, here's my baby before her shocks were modded and she met her untimely demise.........

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
No regrets

seems kinda foolish to argue one is better than another without having ridden or owned what's being argued about

Best I've ever seen it typed out Pony, I'm glad you're around to lay down thoughts like that.

Never one shred of buyer remorse on this 04 13S. Purchased new in Oct 03 for MSRP of 9200 w/ a little bit of fin. that got paid off early. In 2003and2004 These were selling off the Sacramento Ca. showroom floor as fast as they could uncrate them.
There really weren't any low mile used 13 around at the time so no leverage for any offers.
Anyway, I'm still rolling on 04 #100050 w/ 62250m and OEM decel wobble, OEM front tire wear, OEM battery and clutch cable and OEM wheel and drive flange bearings and of all things OEM seating. :grin:

G

·
I bought my bike in March, 2003...and I paid full MSRP. There weren't any deals to be had at the time. I also paid for a 5 year extended warranty...which I have not had to use, not one time...if I knew then what I know now, I would have saved my money (on the warranty, I mean.) The VTX is dead solid reliable. I had one issue: my coolant tank started leaking right after I bought the bike...my dealer replaced it, no problems no questions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the comments

Thanks for the comments guys. I sort of knew that most (nearly all) of us X'ers are more than happy with their choice of bike.

- SF

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
Bought my '04 S in '05 for $7200 with 3k miles from an aquaintance who wanted a Wing. Was garage kept and looked brand new, and still does as I am fortunate enuf to have a garage. Price sound high? It already had the Deluxe backrest and luggage rack. Ka-ching ka-ching. Already had the Switchblade 2-up. Ka-ching ka-ching.

Have added pipes,fender tips,tank bib,clock and thermometer, saddlebags, BadX seat, CTR, engine guard. I am very, very attached to this bike and have no plans to let 'er go. Nope....this sweet bike is stayin' put.

Oh, and as an added bonus, it is silver metallic (the best looking and fastest color). :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts