Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had 4,000 mile servicing done. had full synthetic put in and only cost $119. did include 15% discount got in mail from dealership. of course while waiting i went into parts and ordered a memphis shades alley cat which they said will be in tuesday and bought a tool bag, total of that was about $230. was expecting more but guess the 4,000 mile they don't check valves so sure that cut it down some. opinions on decent price?

·
Registered
42 Posts
600 mile service

funny i should see this. about n hour ago i called a buncha dealerships tryin to find the best price on my 600 mile service. most places i called said a lil over 270-280 plus parts which would put it over 300.. i found a dealership thats only 20-30 miles away that will do it for 150 plus parts which he said he'll do 200 out the door.. so take a wild guess who im goin with. :)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Re: 600 mile service

metal-head said:
funny i should see this. about n hour ago i called a buncha dealerships tryin to find the best price on my 600 mile service. most places i called said a lil over 270-280 plus parts which would put it over 300.. i found a dealership thats only 20-30 miles away that will do it for 150 plus parts which he said he'll do 200 out the door.. so take a wild guess who im goin with. :)
The 600 mile service includes a valve adjustment. The 4000 doesn't.

My 600 was about $170.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: 600 mile service

Camello said:
metal-head said:
The 600 mile service includes a valve adjustment. The 4000 doesn't.

My 600 was about $170.
i know this. jus wanted to post it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but look where you and i live. i'm from TX and i'll tell ya cost of living is WAY lower than up here.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Just bought enuf Amsoil and filters, a case and 4 ea., for 3+ 6000 mile oil changes and my total to my door was just $160.00... 8)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
XRiderChuck said:
Just bought enuf Amsoil and filters, a case and 4 ea., for 3+ 6000 mile oil changes and my total to my door was just $160.00... 8)
Six oil changes at 3,000 miles,even with buying the filters one at a time from the local dealer,is just $150.00.Is Amsoil really that much better that you can stretch the miles out that much between changes or is it just a time saver?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks like another upswing in 600 mile service questions. Don't forget that the valve check needs to be done COLD so if you dealer doesn't have the bike overnight or at least all day then you are not getting the correct valve check and for sure are getting ripped off. The only reason to have the dealer do this service is if somebody isn't comfortable doing their own valve check, the rest of the service is an oil change and shakedown which every bike owner should know how to do IMHO.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, could do but no garage or shed. i rent and don't think the owner who lives other side of duplex would like done in the driveway so it's to the dealer, don't do oil in my car same reason, did when had my own house.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts