Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I installed a lightbar and in the process blew a couiple fuses. I used my spare to replace the one for my lights and left the speedometer/odometer unpowered until I could get to it this afternoon. It seems once problems start they don't stop and this was no exception. As I was running around today I started experiencing the engine cutting out at a couple stoplights and then at every stoplight. I barely made it back to my office and literally had to coast into the parking lot.

I had just read about someone here having similar problem but couldn't remember the outcome. I was thinking I'd probably have to try to get it into the shop to find out what was wrong and to get it fixed. I decided I'd at least go ahead and replace the blown fuse to the speedometer.odometer head since I had them. I even put another spare fuse in the box so I'd have one then put my side cover back on and checked to make sure I had solved the problem and had power where I should.

Do any of you know where this is going yet? Yep! As soon as I turned on the key my fuel lamp lit up. The tank was bone dry. The missing element was gasoline! I grabbed a can and went to the station and got three gallon and dumped it in the tank. My Retro fired up quick and idled smooth as silk once she had some fuel in her tank. I rode down to the station and added another three plus gallons.

·
Registered
16,086 Posts
You were a rocket scientist in a previous life :lol:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
funny

You gotta love it when it's someone else who does something similar to what you've done before. Thanks for keeping us honest. :lol:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
BawWAWAwfgagaWEAEAEWASAWwAWAW
At least I am not that STUPID!!!!

I did not run out at work, but letting it idle in front of the convience store while I searched for the loose connection!!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I worked on my dirtbike ( RM 250 ) for over a week trying to get the dang thing to start..........................then I checked the gas.

I did break a toe when I kicked the dang gas can....... :oops:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
The simplest, most obvious things are the ones that elude us for some reason. Glad it turned out to be nothing major! :twisted:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one that is, at times....how shall I say it.....not quite Mensa material. :?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts