Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... It happened.. As much as I hate to actually admit it, It actually happened! I parked my bike at my sisters house Easter day and went into visit. All was well and we were having a good time.. Then I heard the words that sent shivers down my spine! "Todd , I backed my car right into your bike and its out there laying on the ground.":yikes: Ohhh man... I gotta say.. I took it pretty well.. nobody died.. all my family ties are still intact.. Thank God she has insurance!.. I have to take it to get a repair estimate this Saturday.. Looks like a cracked left side side case, ( from where the car actually made contact ) right side mirror, brake light, brake pedal and air cleaner cover and ohh ya.. my Vance and Hines chrome pipe covers got scratched up too.. Im sure glad I love that lady, and I could tell she just as sorry she did it. Its just rubber and metal.. right guys???..

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well I'm sorry toi hear that your bike got banged up but....it is just meatal and rubber as you stated and it will be fixed. But I envy your control of emotions!! Hope it gets done quick and the right way for your sake.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I guess we'll send these guys home, then...

·
Registered
280 Posts
to bad but nothing that cant be fixed and possibly fixed better. this will give you an excuse to upgrade....ohhhhh yeaaaaa!:lol:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Bummer, man, but better than finding your bike knocked over in a random parking lot and not knowing who did it.

Sounds like you have a nice family.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sounds to me like you should be able to use this one for a long time...."I know it's a big favor but remember that time you bashed into my bike?" or "sorry we will not be able to come over as I am afraid someone will drive into my bike". Hey if you can't make your family feel bad what is the use in having them? Sounds like a good group you have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Imagine they way she felt when it dawned on her that she had to go in and tell you she did it! Parts can be replaced, family can’t… I admire the way you kept your cool and handled the situation...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've actually had this scenario of being "backed into" go through my head. One night there were a bunch of us over at a friend's house. I parked behind a guy's truck and didn't feel very good about it at the time. His truck was tall and I just had a feeling that my bike was going to get rolled over when he left. About 30 minutes after arriving I went back outside and moved my bike so I could actually enjoy the party with piece of mind, lol.

Of course, parking smart in the first place doesn't matter when you do all the right things and then your family member executes a 15-point turn to get out of the driveway and ends up hitting your bike in the process! Sorry man!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Sorry this happened. Keeping your cool was key. Losing your cool would not have reversed what had happened. There are more positives to this situation than negatives. Hope your repairs happen quickly.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Just stuff man...

Well... It happened.. As much as I hate to actually admit it, It actually happened! I parked my bike at my sisters house Easter day and went into visit. All was well and we were having a good time.. Then I heard the words that sent shivers down my spine! "Todd , I backed my car right into your bike and its out there laying on the ground.":yikes: Ohhh man... I gotta say.. I took it pretty well.. nobody died.. all my family ties are still intact.. Thank God she has insurance!.. I have to take it to get a repair estimate this Saturday.. Looks like a cracked left side side case, ( from where the car actually made contact ) right side mirror, brake light, brake pedal and air cleaner cover and ohh ya.. my Vance and Hines chrome pipe covers got scratched up too.. Im sure glad I love that lady, and I could tell she just as sorry she did it. Its just rubber and metal.. right guys???..
You got it. It's just rubber and plastic and chrome. all replaceable, unlike family and friends who when they leave...theres no coming back. good attitude my Brother
Happy Trails
Blurbn:agree::thumbup:

·
Registered
808 Posts
This could have happened to my wife and me Easter Sunday as well. We rode to my sister's house and parked our rides on the side of a long driveway. We looked where we parked them. Everyone would have to back out of this long, uphill driveway to get out. We quickly took our stuff inside and came back out to move them up to the top of the driveway, in front of everyone's cars, next to the garage.

Piece of mind is priceless.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts