Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
A friend of mine tried Limewire, but his system got overloaded with spyware. Now he uses K++. My friend found K++ by simply typing "K++" into google.

Keep in mind that people have a ton of corrupt files on their hard drives so you'll definitely want to use some anti-virus software.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Be careful

Mike,
jwhok,
Rickstir,
Codyman,

I work in broadcast radio for a very large media company. This from an industry website. I'm not taking sides here. Just pointing out some "real" facts when it comes to the artists/labels/riaa and others. BE CAREFUL!

The RIAA has announced their intention to tomorrow (4/13) file copyright infringement lawsuits against 405 students illegally sharing music on a specialized, high-speed university computer network known as Internet2 at 18 different colleges across the country. Internet2 is an advanced network created by participating colleges and universities for academic research. The RIAA maintains that students on the network are using a file-sharing application known as "i2hub" to trade copyrighted songs and other works "on a massive scale." Downloading from i2hub via Internet2 is extremely fast -- in most cases, less than five minutes for a movie or less than 20 seconds for a song.

"This next generation of the Internet is an extraordinarily exciting tool for researchers, technologists and many others with valuable legitimate uses," said RIAA Pres. CARY SHERMAN. "Yet, we cannot let this high-speed network become a zone of lawlessness where the normal rules don't apply. We have worked very constructively with the university community, improving educational efforts at colleges across the country, expanding partnerships between schools and legal online services and providing a clearinghouse for expertise on technological anti-piracy solutions. We cannot let rampant illegal downloading on Internet2 jeopardize this collaborative work. By taking this initial action, we are putting students and administrators everywhere on notice that there are consequences for unlawful uses of this special network."

In addition to the 18 campuses whose students are being sued, the RIAA contends that it has evidence of i2hub infringement at another 140 schools in 41 states. While these schools were not included in the initial round of lawsuits, letters are being sent to each university president alerting them to the situation. In these letters, the RIAA is asking that university presidents take action to stop illegal file sharing related to not only i2hub but also other university networks such as alleged "centralized piracy servers" set up by students on the college's local area network. The letter, signed by SHERMAN, asks university leaders to explore technical measures such as filtering and consider legitimate alternatives to offer to students.

The 405 lawsuits will be filed tomorrow against students at BOSTON U., CARNEGIE MELLON, COLUMBIA, DREXEL, GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, HARVARD, MIT, MICHIGAN STATE, NYU, OHIO STATE, PRINCETON, RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE, ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, CAL-BERKELEY, CAL-SAN DIEGO, AMHERST, PITTSBURGH, and USC. Combined, the students being sued have illegally distributed more than 1.5 million total files, including more than 930,000 songs. The average number of mp3 files shared by users sued in this round is more than 2,300, while the average number of total files is more than 3,900. Some users have shared as many as 13,600 mp3 files and as many as 72,700 total files (such as audio, software and video).

G

·
0 Posts
WOW, good thing i didnt bring up renting movies from blockbuster and burning them ....getting movies at 2 bucks instead of 20 now that is stealing..

what do you think burning CD and DVDs were made for???

to back up copies of what you already have?? get real, screw the man !!!!

hehehe

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks Radio! I will definitely pass this info on to my friend. I'm sure he will want to remove all of the questionable files out of his shared folder asap.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
If I were to download music from the 'net, I'd use Kazaa Lite. I'd probably use it at least once a day.

Ricster said:
...what do you think burning CD and DVDs were made for???

to back up copies of what you already have?? get real, screw the man !!!!
Surprisingly, downloading songs that you have legitimately purchased is not illegal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts