Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This board is very powerful and very helpful to your business...AND (POTENTIALLY VERY HARMFULL). This is in response to some issues that have happened.recently to members on the forum..
I will not complain on a public forum unless really upset...so I will keep this generic....But this is in YOUR best interest...
If I order and you do not have...I WANT TO KNOW IT, SOON, not two weeks later!!!!
If order is delayed for ANY reason....I WANT TO KNOW IT, soon, not two weeks later!!!!
And..."Return Policies"....If I order wrong its my fault....If I brake it, it is my fault...If part does not fit right it is my problem...
HOWEVER....if I recieve the wrong part, a damaged part, defective part...it may not be your fault but I expect you to make it right with out cost to me....that is YOUR cost of doing business or you will lose my business forever...

JUST my opinion....I will step down from the soap box now.....

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm a Purchasing Manager and that's the only way to do business :wink:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
just a added note to vendors and would be ones..
I would be careful if your planning on makeing bucks off this board and the VTX owners here.New products that are good and have good and honest service behind em are welcome.BUT.....if your unsure of your stuff or just looking to make a fast buck, you should know it's a pretty tight group and a honest review of your products and service will be here quickly for the world to see.
There's some great stuff from some great guys here from making quality stuff for the X..Dawg and Rob T to name a few. The junk stuff, or junk service no matter how good a price gets thrown forth for all to see and burned to the ground pretty quick.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
SicTexVTX said:
just a added note to vendors and would be ones..
I would be careful if your planning on makeing bucks off this board and the VTX owners here.New products that are good and have good and honest service behind em are welcome.BUT.....if your unsure of your stuff or just looking to make a fast buck, you should know it's a pretty tight group and a honest review of your products and service will be here quickly for the world to see.
There's some great stuff from some great guys here from making quality stuff for the X..Dawg and Rob T to name a few. The junk stuff, or junk service no matter how good a price gets thrown forth for all to see and burned to the ground pretty quick.
I got the matches!!!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Yaaaar!

I agree completely and have been known to turn pirate on a few azzes that pissed me off about parts. I'm sure I'm the only person to get mad like that. :wink:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well said.

planman

·
Registered
320 Posts
Stock issues

I hear you! THese web sites should tell you on their sites out of stock. I order almost two thousand dollars form a well know vender. The order went through. To my suprise three weeks nothing. I called they told me my items wouldn't ship till everything was in. I complained and got some of my items two weeks after that, not all! It took alomost two months to get my entire order. :evil: Even my wife called and they refused to do anything for us. I know where I won't be ordering from anymore. Keep in mind, I also ordered very early spring, so it wasn't really riding season yet.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I took your word for it. I just emailed them to say "you suck!"

They won't ever get my business. I'll take the word of the members of this board as gospel. thanks for looking out for your fellow "xers"..

peace!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been checking out this forum for months and finally signed up
to reply to this post.
That is TOO FUNNY......Its nice to see someone get a little revenge
on a stealer for a change. Judging from the traffic of that site and where it
comes from ( google and yahoo to name a few of the search engines)
I am sure this site has cost Cycle Riders a few sales.
Serves them right.
I sent them an e-mail too.
The T-Shirts are funny as hell.
I may order one and have it delivered to Cycle Riders.

·
Registered
174 Posts
awesome cin, I agree with you so much on this.
it's amazing how much of, lack of communication there is, if they would improve a little, postings like this wouldn't happen.

V

·
0 Posts
I know

I think if a vendor doesn't have an item, they should take it off their site until it comes in. I'm still waiting for some parts that have been backordered and then backordered again. I almost forgot about it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re: I know

vtx808 said:
I think if a vendor doesn't have an item, they should take it off their site until it comes in. I'm still waiting for some parts that have been backordered and then backordered again. I almost forgot about it.
Unless a given vendor is very organized, matching physical inventory with the kind of database used to publish a catalog is simply impossible. The effort it would take would force additional costs that most (if not all) of us would be unwilling to pay.

Think about the old days - mail order. Anyone ever order anything from the BassPro catalog? If you didn't place the order by phone, there would be no way in hell that you would expect the pages to reflect the actual inventory at the time you placed your order.

Computers are fun, but I'd rather depend upon other means of communication (even email, for goodness sake) to determine whether or not the part I want is available/in stock/whatever than to believe that if I see it on page, it's available for shipment this instant.

·
Registered
921 Posts
You know I order stuff from a number of companies...I have to say I like Xteme Revolution best for status of an order...see below

1 KR-8849 Kuryakyn Brake Pedal Pad for VTX Retro -- --
Date Ordered 6/3:
State ETA
On Order 5/16/2005
On Order 5/27/2005
On Order 6/6/2005
On Order 6/9/2005
Revised again Mfg ETA is 7/8/05. Ignore date to left.

At least I can check and see what was back ordered and shipped...

HDL does an ok job to...I get an email when they ship...

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
SC X-Rider said:
I have been waiting for two months for some items from kury.
after my last phone call they said will ship mid june.
we'll see
I'd call and complain. see if you can save 10% on your order for your time. Can't hurt to ask. if not find it elswhere and cancel original order.

just a thought!

Wood42

1 - 20 of 25 Posts