Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i made a appointment last week to drop it off this morning at 9 am for its first service and they told me becuase i drove the bike there(a 3 mile ride) they would have to wait till it cooled down. so they would bring it in this afternoon and i sould be able to pick it up late tomorrow afternoon.

waiting a full 2 days just to get the first service seems a little much.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's the valve adjustment. Bike has to be completely cold before its done. I had to drop mine off overnight and this practice seems to be pretty consistent with all the dealers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm thinking that judging by the mods on your bike (looks great, illusion blue is the best ;-)) its not your 600 mi service.
I'm guessing you have done your own service until now...in which case this would be your first service at the dealer for Valvue adjustment.
In that case your dealer did you no harm. Timing maybe not good, but better to follow protocal of having bike cool for valve adjustment.

Respectfully,

David

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Same with my dealer. Made an appointment last saturday to bring it in, it's all good.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is my first service, my bike just turned over 2000 miles.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
You are lucky to get it back so quick, our dealer is so busy this time of year you are lucky to get it back within a week! :shock:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
wildabouthorses said:
You are lucky to get it back so quick, our dealer is so busy this time of year you are lucky to get it back within a week! :shock:
That's why I wanted to go ahead and get mine in, before the big spring rush hit.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hey man... the first service (8000 mi) after the oil changes, is changing the plugs, they really don't need it.. ask to have the old plugs... oil change and check the valves.. they adjustmet is rescheduled for 16000 mi... I had 30,000 mi on my 02 1800 and no valve adj was ever needed.. at 5ooo mi I went to using the synthetic oil from Honda, (no Moly in the oil), and have changed the oil every 3ooo mi as well as the oil filter... no problems... I have an 03 1800R and have 10,000 on it and have done the same thing.. no troubles to report.. this is a great and tight machine.. RIDE WITH PRIDE Bud

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
timberghost said:
i made a appointment last week to drop it off this morning at 9 am for its first service and they told me becuase i drove the bike there(a 3 mile ride) they would have to wait till it cooled down. so they would bring it in this afternoon and i sould be able to pick it up late tomorrow afternoon.

waiting a full 2 days just to get the first service seems a little much.
Sounds reasonable to me.

·
Registered
442 Posts
timberghost said:
this is my first service, my bike just turned over 2000 miles.
there is no 2000 mile service that i'm aware of.

Brian

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i like doing the 600 mile check up, tighten bolts and oil change .... i know its not in the honda book but honda says its a good idea.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just havnt had the money till now to do it, so the 600 mile check up streched to 2000 mile lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts