Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a trip from Albany, NY to Chicago in August and want to get bags to put on so I can carry my necessities. I was wondering what saddlebags are good and what ones not to touch. I don't want to spend a ton of money but am willing to in order to get a nice looking, quality set of bags. I drive a Retro and would appreciate any recommendations and pics if available on your ride. I would like to see how certain bags look from the back of the bike as I don't want them to stick out very far. Also, I don't want hard bags, or throw-overs. Suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
madtaktix said:
I'm planning a trip from Albany, NY to Chicago in August and want to get bags to put on so I can carry my necessities. I was wondering what saddlebags are good and what ones not to touch. I don't want to spend a ton of money but am willing to in order to get a nice looking, quality set of bags. I drive a Retro and would appreciate any recommendations and pics if available on your ride. I would like to see how certain bags look from the back of the bike as I don't want them to stick out very far. Also, I don't want hard bags, or throw-overs. Suggestions?

Thanks.
I have the 1300C and I'm very happy with Tourmaster Cruise XL SLANT's..
Here's the ones for the R:
Tourmaster Cruise 2 XL SLANT Saddlebag. XLARGE: 10"(H) x 18"(W) x 6"(D) - 2160 cubic in capacity FREE SHIPPING.
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=4873&str=13&ID=466009739

To keep everything dry, be sure to put your things in a ziplock
bag then place them in your saddlebags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts