1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
152 Posts
I wear them with no problems at all, also have a pair of M frames that are great on the bike too.. At night I wear another pair of M frames with clear lens.. Love my oakleys

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How well would you say they block the wind. Im getting contacts and im trying to cut as much wind as possible while keeping a stylish frame. Are you using the xlj lens or the regular?

·
Super Moderator
63,763 Posts
Oakley is the only sunglasses I have worn since 1985. I still have and wear my first pair of Blades. The reason why I only wear Oakley, I have broken about 4 pairs by changing lenses(on the older sets, new M-Frames have not broke from lens swaps) and rolling over on them(at the firehouse on a lazy Sunday afternoon) and crushed in the firetruck. All 4 times I sent the glasses back to Oakley and within the week I had a "Next Day Air" package from Oakley with a brand new pair of glasses. I called them once to get some new ear socks(rubber temples) as I couldn't find any in the color of my originals I said I was willing to buy 3 or 4 sets. I got 4 new sets in the mail a few days later, no charge. Their customer service is incredible.

Now, I have the relative of the Half-Jackets the Straight Jackets and like he a lot. Blocks the wind nicely, look good. But I wear my M-Frames most of the time. I have at least 10 pairs of Oakley. 8)

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have a set of H-D branded sunglasses that also have interchangeable lenses and a detachable foam backing that keeps 100% of the wind out.

They don't have the Oakley look, but they look good and do the job.

They were about $100 before discount.

Spike, 10 pairs?

·
Super Moderator
63,763 Posts
Yes, I'm Oakle-holic.
Blades with Lime-green Trigger temples(yellow lens,smoke lens)
Frogskins
Straight-Jackets
Older M-Frames(clear,yellow lens)
Pro M-Frame(Gold Irridium,yellow lens)
Scar
New M-Frames(Black Irridium, yellow lens)
A-Wires
Double-X

·
Registered
468 Posts
Chicago-Spike said:
Yes, I'm Oakle-holic.
Frogskins
Straight-Jackets
Scar
A-Wires
Double-X
I wondered what I might do with my money if I hadn't had my kids' orthodontia bills. I guess this would be one option.

Do you have that pair with the builtin mp3 player?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Large M-frame Oakleys are the best for blocking wind I have found, on a bicycle they are designed so the wind wicks the sweat away out of the eyes.

8 pair here

·
Super Moderator
63,763 Posts
Outlander said:
Chicago-Spike said:
Yes, I'm Oakle-holic.
Frogskins
Straight-Jackets
Scar
A-Wires
Double-X
I wondered what I might do with my money if I hadn't had my kids' orthodontia bills. I guess this would be one option.

The "Thump" no I don't have that one. If I want to listen to music while going somewhere I drive a car. 8)

·
Registered
885 Posts
I prefer the Romeo X-Metal. I have had the same pair for 10 years now. I send them back to Oakley every couple of years for new lenses. They are pricey, but Titanium frames don't break..........:)

·
Registered
925 Posts
I wear the Thump when riding alone and long rides. Juliet X metal when riding with everyone. Yes, they are polarized. Half wire when dring a car.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Chicago-Spike said:
Outlander said:
[quote="Chicago-Spike":2ifszzxh]Yes, I'm Oakle-holic.
Frogskins
Straight-Jackets
Scar
A-Wires
Double-X

The "Thump" no I don't have that one. If I want to listen to music while going somewhere I drive a car. 8)[/quote:2ifszzxh]

It takes a brave man to be alone out there with nothing but his thoughts. :wink:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I ride with the Thumps, it is a odd feeling. But the are nice and I feel that they cut down on wind noise. I also have a pair of Over The Top. I get some wild looks from people. :D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I wear my Juliets. Nice pair but I'm thinking about getting a pair of Half Jackets.
Later
Nate

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm an Oakley man myself, have had a pair of the Square-Wires for the past 4 years now. Those half jackets look nice, i've never tried on a pair though so i'd be curious how well those lenses stay in the frame. Personally I'd prefer the full frame, seems more stable to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts