Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2003 VTX 1300R that needs a new windshield. I have searched long and hard nut cannot find an OEM for the '03 VTX 1300R (Retro). Does anyone know where I can get this part? I found one for the 1800, but not the 1300.

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Memphis Shades sells a complete package...If its a true OEM shield....I think Clear view sell just glass....how do u know its OEM

·
Super Moderator
63,691 Posts
If yo just need the glass, you can get replacement glass here;

But if you're looking for the full kit with mounts you may be out of luck. Honda stopped making the VTX over 10 years ago

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just did a google search "Honda VTX1300 windshield for sale" and I got a half a dozen places. Give it a try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, old goat. I bought the machine brand new on 2003 and would like to stick with the OEM windshield.
If yo just need the glass, you can get replacement glass here;

But if you're looking for the full kit with mounts you may be out of luck. Honda stopped making the VTX over 10 years ago
This is perfect. Yes, that's all I need is the glass although I still may have to get more clarification. One of the questions was what kind of windshield is it (Custom, Deluxe, etc.). I have no clue. I pulled the original paperwork and they show the price of all the accessories (Windshield, Lightbar, Saddlebags, etc.) but it doesn't break those accessories out by price and description. I asked if I could send a photo of the windshield but I haven't heard back, yet.

·
Registered
881 Posts
FWIW an OEM Honda Windshield is going to be hard to come by used, and hella expensive new. I've always (350k mi.) found Memphis Shades a reliable 'shield [and you can't beat their customer service].

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just did a google search "Honda VTX1300 windshield for sale" and I got a half a dozen places. Give it a try.
Thank you so much! I did the same thing and I think got the same results. There are aftermarket windshields out there but I really wanted an OEM if I can locate one. If not, you're right...I'll have to settle for an aftermarket.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chicago - thank you so much! Not the greatest pictures but they should tell you what the windshield is if you expand them. I took one of the front and one of the back.

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Man I would keep the trim if u can..and get the clearview glass...whose say that clear view didnt make Glass for Honda....I bet honda bid most of theIr Accessory work out ...good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tens- that's the plan. The mounting hardware is still in great shape. But one of the questions they ask on their website is what type of windshield it has now so they can match it up. I don't if it's a custom, deluxe, or what it is. That's why the photos...so someone in the discussion can tell me.

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Why not call them..explain the dilemma ....see if u can order both with the option to return one...Ive noticed that with this covid crap customer service Has been outstanding....

·
Registered
11,612 Posts
On my Memphis Shades at the left side/bottom is the model # of my windshield.
Examine your windshield for manufacturer info.
Windshield width, headlight cutout (7" or 9"), height from cutout to top are the data needed. You can take the windshield off, take a picture, list dimensions, indicate mounting holes and distance to the other holes. Your mounting bracket appears in the
Clearview web page from what I can see.

From BikeBandit
There are basically two materials motorcycle windshields are made of: polycarbonate and acrylic. Both are clear, rigid, “plastic-like” materials, but they each have unique properties: polycarbonate tends to be more durable and abrasion resistant, but is also more expensive, and tends to yellow after long exposure to UV rays.

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
]

From BikeBandit
There are basically two materials motorcycle windshields are made of: polycarbonate and acrylic. Both are clear, rigid, “plastic-like” materials, but they each have unique properties: polycarbonate tends to be more durable and abrasion resistant, but is also more expensive, and tends to yellow after long exposure to UV rays.
That yellowing or potential for... is why I always buy solar MS....+ for me solar seems to hide the occasional scratch better...

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Thanks, old goat. I bought the machine brand new on 2003 and would like to stick with the OEM windshield.

This is perfect. Yes, that's all I need is the glass although I still may have to get more clarification. One of the questions was what kind of windshield is it (Custom, Deluxe, etc.). I have no clue. I pulled the original paperwork and they show the price of all the accessories (Windshield, Lightbar, Saddlebags, etc.) but it doesn't break those accessories out by price and description. I asked if I could send a photo of the windshield but I haven't heard back, yet.
I bought a Clearview for my 1800 C a little over 2 years ago. Very good quality. The only difference from my Hondaline w/s is below the headlight. The Hondaline was a complete circle of plastic around the light, the Clearview has a gap there, it allows a bit more air coming through from the bottom. All the holes for the mounts lined up perfectly, after a bit of adjustment.

Reactions: dukezern

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Chicago - thank you so much! Not the greatest pictures but they should tell you what the windshield is if you expand them. I took one of the front and one of the back.
Your chrome trim/ supports look just like my OEM.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I had one, and sold it last year. I do however have the mounting instructions that list a part # for the windshield: 08R80-MEA-1 00. Searching that part number indicates it's a Hondaline "custom" windshield.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts