Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we found out the bad news today, my summer has officially ended, Tracy had her 12 week appointment with the doctor today, but it wasn't to be cleared, it was a confirmation that the break of her clavicle is the same as it was on Sept. 20th! There has been minimal to no healing so far, probably because of the distance between the bones, so she's heading to hanover on friday to get a plate put in. It brings to an end the only thing still open for me from last summer.

So she will have some more time off and recuperate, but at least it will finally start healing so we can start looking forward to next summer, hopefully getting her on another scoot!

So enjoy the new year, we actually are thinking of whooping it up this year and then taking the surgery as a downtime to recuperate.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Sorry to hear that news guys, but at least she knows what she has to do to get it fixed and on her way back to 100% again. Beth and I will be thinking of her this week...Let us know how it goes when you can.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news Paul. Wish Tracy the best from Elvie and I. She'll be in our prayers for a speedy recovery, hopefully for the new summer season.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Good luck and fast healing Tracy & family. I guess allot of us have come of age when we are discussing upgrades and mods to our bikes and some of the mods can apply to us.

Once again good luck.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Erin and i wish you both the best of luck, feel free to keep me company, i am still on downtime and suffering from cabin fever.

I was told by the doctor yesterday that i could take my collar off while in the house, took it off for 2 mins and then my dumb dumb of a dog got into his head that Dad was back to normal and launched himself at me, collar now back on, eating pain killers like it was day one. Urgh..

But again good luck Paul and Mrs. Paul.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Paul

Give Tracy our best wishes and hope that everything heals up.

Rich

That door you opened with the collar statement is just too wide.... It belongs in its own thread :joke: :joke:.... j/k Hope the neck heals up

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
As in my pm..all the best for a speedy recovery this time, I can't imagine how disapointed she is, I know how it's been for me and I was healing up..hopfully both of us will be ready in the spring with our new rides..it's going to be a long winter..keep your fingers crossed that they release me on Monday so I can get back to the working world, never been idle this long in my life!! Keep us posted and if you need anything you have our number.

Ilona

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
ENGLISH..does Erin have a leash for that collar yet!!! :joke:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Best wishes to all of our walking wounded. Cutting short our ability to freely live our lives, injury free, is always our hopes. Liz and I will have you all in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

Rich, It's not funny in many ways but in some ways it is. I can picture your dog pouncing and looking for a little playful man-handling. They're all about the fun and the love. I my case I have Liz's 2 cats to contend with. They aren't as aggressive with me 'cause they know with one little flick they'd be airborne.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
English, you rest easy and heal up fast..I'm sure Erin is taking excellant care of you..Happy New Year..:D

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Erin had a leash on day one for me, I've now been promoted to a leash that allows me to walk away for 20 yards before she reels me back in :joke:
He's got one of those retractable leashes that she presses the button, he only gets as far as she lets him! Sorry to hear about the neck hurting again, it's easy as hell to overdo it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Surprised its not a shock collar :p

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
You mean kinda like this ?

·