Honda VTX Forum banner

181 - 200 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
does anyone remember the mmr last year all the rain it didnt stop anyone did it. we all still had a good time

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
If ya had a windshield and some rain gear, and a good full face helmet, its really not that bad to ride in rain. Its not ideal, but the weather is the weather. Forecast calls for "chance" of "scattered" showers. So, ride and park when it starts to rain. When it stops, resume riding towards the destination. Thats pretty easy isn't it? The rest of the weekend would surely be worth it.

We got pissed on the whole way there last year, then it rained during 80% of the big ride. Still had a great time. Sunday was nice....
:agree: :agree: :agree:...Well said!!! After all it's just water right??? Come on you fairweather riders, bust out that dusty raingear and see your azzes up at the Dells tomorrow!!! ...Don't let one day's worth of SCATTERED:shock: showers ruin the next 2 following days of dry, partly sunny 75-80 degree weather!!!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Seeing that it is raining pretty good this morning, I'd just wait to leave for a while. You'll get there, its only the Dells man. Just a few hours away. Take it easy, be safe, and have fun all weekend long.

By the way, there had better be some pictures posted of the activities this time. You guys with cameras had better be using them and posting. Thats an order!

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Great weekend. Weather was great and the friends are fantastic. Had a great time guys.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Had a great time, met new faces and just like last year, had a great time. Can't wait till next year or maybe this fall.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Well as that unfortunate saying goes, "All good things must come to an end" By the way, I hate that saying! Anywayz, I just wanted to let y'all know that it was definately a pleasure meeting & seeing ALL of you this past weekend!!! It was extremely nice to have finally been able match a board name to a face!!! This past weekend showed me how all of us seem so far spread in our WI/IL parameters but yet come together each year into what seems such a close nit 'family' atmosphere of just good friends. My only regret is not being able to have partaken in past Dells trips. I definately was missin out big time. Once again, it was awesome seein' & meetin' my extended WIVO family of friends. Is the Fall Dells ride itinerary started yet??? LOL!!! Take care all, ride safe and see y'all out on the road this summer!!! JohnZ :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
My buddy from work, Jason popped in and was able to meet Reaper and some of you guys. He is totally stoked to get to the MMR now. He said you guys from Illinois are CRAZY! Who dropped their bikes now?????

Pictures??

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
My buddy from work, Jason popped in and was able to meet Reaper and some of you guys. He is totally stoked to get to the MMR now. He said you guys from Illinois are CRAZY! Who dropped their bikes now?????

Pictures??
...Yep, I think I met your buddy Jason Saturday night when he and his wife stopped by for a bit at Top Hat to meet some of the crew. Guess it wouldnt be official if something crazy didnt happen at our annual Dells trip!:shock: :shock: :shock: ....Yes, 2 bikes took a spill on our way back from the Saturday ride:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: That damn dirt gravel!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: A bad case of road rash and ripped jeans was about the extent of injury and much needed cosmetic repairs:tools: to them nice azz bikes!!!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Great to see and party with everyone again. Hoping Javier and David heal up soon. Despite the fall Jav took on the way back Saturday, it was still a nice ride through some really pretty country and Joan and I enjoyed it very much.

I took the same two-lane routes back home on Sunday - another nice ride despite the sunburn to my arms. I narrowly missed another bike accident, though. I had stopped for gas in one of the small towns on 89S, was just getting ready to pull out of the station...a guy on a Harley goes by and we exchange waves...I'm all set to pull out to follow him when I realized I hadn't put my earplugs in. Stopped, pulled off my helmet, put the plugs in, helmet back on and took off in the same direction. About a mile up the road, I see the flashing lights of a squad car and a crowd gathered near the street. A guy in a SUV had pulled out right in front of the guy on the Harley and the Harley T-boned him. Bike was in several pieces, most of it under the SUV, oil and blood on the street. Some people were holding up the Harley rider and he was pretty shaken up, bleeding from both arms. All this happened in the minute and a half to two minutes that I waited to get my gear in order. If I would have pulled out the first time, I would have been right behind the guy that crashed and may have been involved in it. Said a heartfelt "thank you" to the Lord for the narrow miss.

Hope everyone else in the group made it back safe and sound. Looking forward to the fall Dells ride.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
It was another awesome time, and you all are the best.

Great job running the ride Keith and the trip.

I hope there is a fall one, think we will go.

you Dudes from Illionis, and you know who you all are! You guys are awesome, I wish we could hang out more often, you guys are not only friends and family, but fun as all He!! to hang with. We love you all.

(Heavy Metal Man) not a the right thing to ask who went down, or what happend. First if they want to say they will, plus like always what happens there, stays there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Had a Great Time

It was great to see you all again. I'm sorry I had to cut out early. Had a 50th anniversary to attend. My daughter sang for it. I was really proud. Sorry to hear about the spills. After going through the gravel on the way out I'm not surprised. Had a blast at Showboat, even if they did remove the piano. Lookin forward to seeing you all this fall. I hope I can stay until Saturday night this time.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Oh, I had to ask after I heard. That is nothing to keep secret, nothing like really late nights and shenanigans at the Showboat or anything. I was just concerned about the wellbeing of our fellow wivo's. :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Oh, I had to ask after I heard. That is nothing to keep secret, nothing like really late nights and shenanigans at the Showboat or anything. I was just concerned about the wellbeing of our fellow wivo's. :dontknow:
Its a personal thing for the ones who went down. I think its really BS when people sit and bring that stuff up, but to each there own. Unless they say it, I never will.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Its a personal thing for the ones who went down. I think its really BS when people sit and bring that stuff up, but to each there own. Unless they say it, I never will.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
It's cool, Those who attended, knows what happens....nothing to bragg about....:shock:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Awesome!!

Hey fellow brothers and sisters! I am doing fine and recovering from my road rash! I am in one piece and faired well! In big part to all of you for taking such good care of me. Just met all of you and it felt like a family! Again thanks for a great time and a memorable time! Our club extends our hats off to you guys and we are there for you guys as well!

The bike is getting her plastic surgery done now and should be back on her rubber feet again soon! Hey **** happens right?! LOL

I am shipping out to Afghanistan this fall so this was my only big ride for the year! thanks again for making it a great one!

Javier

181 - 200 of 202 Posts