Honda VTX Forum banner

161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Hey Dan, I always run up on 16. What time are you riding ? ? I always stop for chips and salsa at 16 & 60( yes, I'll bring some to the motel ).

I will be leaving Racine about 10:00 if you want I will stop by the Dairy Queen by the over pass there on 94 and 83 and pick you up, ask Jan, its were he and lissa first met Jamie and I. I should be there by 11:00- 11:30 area

·
Registered
841 Posts
Dells

83 to hwy 16 is a great way to go! Takes a little longer,BUT....it's all about the RIDE!

Be safe

Ken

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I am riding up with a couple of riders a little later in the day and we usually stop at a spot where we have met groups of IL WIVOs before. If you want to meet on Hwy 26 in Watertown around 2pm,we will be at a place called the Buffalo bar on 26, a mile or so north of 19 (Main St) on the west side of the road.

I love that place!

Well... Then again.. I love any place with cold beer!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Soooooooo, I am assuming that we are not going to meet up with the Wisconsin Board like we did last year......:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Here's my situation. I have a single with a king size bed reserved 'cuz I thought my wife was going to ride with me this year. Turns out she can't go. I'm still going myself but I'm not going to share a single bed with any of you goofballs, I don't care how big the bed is (then again, if you promise to be gentle with me...naaaah - don't even want to go there!!!). So, if there's any couples going on the ride that presently have a double and would like to have a single king sized bed instead; or, anyone with a double looking for a roommate to split the cost (in which case I can cancel my single room), please let me know.

·
Registered
617 Posts
We plan to join the fun at the Dells

Firebelle, Lurker, and I will be staying at an "old farts" motel in Lake Delton. We will visit everyone at the Top Hat and hope to make the Saturday ride. This will be Sue's first Dells Ride since her hip/knee replacement surgeries. She has been making short trips around home to get ready for the Dells Ride. Her last short trip was 133 miles. I think she will be able to make the ride without any problems.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Xcellant...............hope to see you guys up there. Sounds like Firebelle is doing well.:thumbup:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Fun

Hope you all have great time. I have my garage sale that weekend and John and I can't do bot the Dells and MMR and we decided to do MMR since we had to miss it last year but might make the end of summer ride up we will see. you guys be safe.:joke:

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
I may not get on here till after the Dells. So for the one who asked me.

Friday morning 9:00 at the iron Skillet kick stands up by 10:00 takeing 83 to 60, 16, and straight in to the Dells, we may stop for a early lunch on the way if we dont eat at the Iron skillet, other wise there is two normal stops on the way there, and more if needed. I been very busy, and Jamie and I have busted ower azzes to make this trip, we are burnt out, and need a rest, we will see you all there, be safe.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Have fun everyone, looks like perfect weather this year. If I didn't have my daughter I'd be there fer sher.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Right now, the weather forecast is saying we may have a wet ride up on Friday (both the Chicago and Dells forecasts) but Saturday and Sunday are both supposed to be beautiful - partly sunny both days with temps in the low 80's according to the Dells forecast. So, get the rain gear out guys and remember, it's only water.

·
Registered
404 Posts

Friday morning 9:00 at the iron Skillet kick stands up by 10:00 takeing 83 to 60, 16, and straight in to the Dells, we may stop for a early lunch on the way if we dont eat at the Iron skillet, other wise there is two normal stops on the way there, and more if needed. I been very busy, and Jamie and I have busted ower azzes to make this trip, we are burnt out, and need a rest, we will see you all there, be safe.
dan, if you come through mukwonago i can meet up with u guys and with you for awhile bscause i have yo pick up my kids at 3:30 let me know about what time you'll be coming through.

·
Registered
547 Posts

See ya there. can't wait.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
If ya had a windshield and some rain gear, and a good full face helmet, its really not that bad to ride in rain. Its not ideal, but the weather is the weather. Forecast calls for "chance" of "scattered" showers. So, ride and park when it starts to rain. When it stops, resume riding towards the destination. Thats pretty easy isn't it? The rest of the weekend would surely be worth it.

We got pissed on the whole way there last year, then it rained during 80% of the big ride. Still had a great time. Sunday was nice....

161 - 180 of 202 Posts