Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll,
I just had to write this morning and brag. I have cancer and am currently undergoing chemotherapy. I finished my radiation about 2 weeks ago. I parked my bike in November due to surgery in my neck/right shoulder to remove the lymph nodes. I have only sat on my X and dreamed like a little kid since then. Well, this weekend, I had a burst of energy and I went riding. I only made it about 10 miles before I tired out, but either way, it was amazing!! I MISS IT!!!

Lance

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sounds like the best therapy you could of had.....keep it up and beat that crap. Glad to hear you're feeling better

·
Registered
653 Posts
My (and vicariously, me too) wife went through the radiation and chemo. The oncologist never saw anyone gain weight before while taking chemo. Of course, Bluebell ice cream wasn't on the Doctors radar. :wink:

Good luck. When the heat of summer is fading, the fall will be a fine time to ride.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Keep up the good work!! This group of people can give you a great deal of spiritual strength!! Keep on riding and keep us advised!!!

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
bleve212 said:
Hey ya'll,
I just had to write this morning and brag. I have cancer and am currently undergoing chemotherapy. I finished my radiation about 2 weeks ago. I parked my bike in November due to surgery in my neck/right shoulder to remove the lymph nodes. I have only sat on my X and dreamed like a little kid since then. Well, this weekend, I had a burst of energy and I went riding. I only made it about 10 miles before I tired out, but either way, it was amazing!! I MISS IT!!!

Lance
bleve212 Dude, I remember when ya first signed on the 1300 Tech board.
Consider this post an attempt to lighten your load,,,,,,
As Always Peaceful Cruisin'
BLACK POWER
:tools1:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Lance,

Hodgekins or Non-Hodgekins Lymphoma?

My wife is in her third year of remission beating Hodgekins!!!!

6 mo of chemo at UNC Chapel Hill's Cancer Center. No radiation, Praise God!!!

Healthy as can be. We'll remember you in our prayers.

Anything you need, email:

[email protected]

Matt

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I do not no to much about these things, so I just hope you keep getting better and can start extending those rides. May God bless.

·
Registered
816 Posts
i hope things work out for you. i know it feels great to jump on my bike and just ride around the block. now that the weather is starting to shape up, i'm sure you'll be riding more often and going out for longer rides. good luck.

·
Registered
592 Posts
bleve212 said:
Hey ya'll,

Lance
Stay Strong. I have a close duck hunting partner that went through the same thing. He was weak for a while, even for some time after all was complete, but has fully recovered and is strong again. You can do it too

·
Registered
718 Posts
Dancing the Happy Dance for you too..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't do too much. Keep out of the Sun..

Will keep you in my Prayers.

·
Registered
409 Posts
BEAT IT

Saying a prayer for ya. Ride on! And kick that cancer in the A$$.

·
Registered
18 Posts
bleve212 said:
Hey ya'll,

Lance

were all praying for ya.. hang in there and God Bless

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Prayer sent in your behalf :!: You'll beat it cause everybody knows only winners ride black C models :lol: GOD bless & I hope you get to feeling more like riding every day!............ :D Rod

1 - 18 of 18 Posts