Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my X. I have always told myself that I will pay it off and then keep it. Even if I get another bike I will still have the X. Well I was visiting a local car dealer yesterday and they also have a powersports side. There, on the front row, was an 09 Yamaha Raider. It looks amazing, already has a custom seat, Vance and Hines 2 into 1, and a windsheild. I test drove it and WOW. Power on tap, smooth ride, awesome aggressive sound. The best part is: they only want 9500 for it with 4200 miles on it. The Guy tells me, You know we take trades. Oh man am I tempted. Very sweet bike, but I don't know if I could part with the X. Its these kind of predicaments that suck. Its a good predicament but that doesnt make it suck any less.

·
Old Goat
25,544 Posts
Tough call, Im looking to add but havent a clue as to what to get...good luck

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
For every used bike there is someone who was sick of its bullchit.

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
For every used bike there is someone who was sick of its bullchit.
Good point. However it might have been owned by someone who, due to health issues, cannot ride anymore. Or for any one of a variety of other reasons such as financial hardship, nagging wife, etc. :dontknow:

·
Registered
9,836 Posts
There, on the front row, was an 09 Yamaha Raider.
Oh Oh, It's the same thing I said looking at it last year.

I just revisited a new one at the dealer yesterday myself.
They have the best ever factory bags for a cruiser.
When I priced the bags only last summer, $1200 for the set.

He's definitely a contender.
But I'd like to see real time use by owners.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Good point. However it might have been owned by someone who, due to health issues, cannot ride anymore. Or for any one of a variety of other reasons such as financial hardship, nagging wife, etc. :dontknow:
:agree: Lots of people buy bikes only to find they are not riders , but most likely if found on a car lot they found they could not afford both the bike & a decent car ........ pretty common ....... :D Rod

Well after a little research ...... : Link

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Of course you can part with the X... You're gonna leave that parking lot with a big grin on your face and a new adventure will start.

·
Registered
375 Posts
No way..

I paid off my X about 2 months ago. Paid it off almost 4 years early. I only have 10,000 miles on it and there is no freaking way I'm getting rid of it. I have a great bike with low miles and NO PAYMENT. I will ride this bike as long as it goes.:popcorn:I just took it on a trip to Arkansas and was so comfortable on it. It has power, looks, and is comfy. Why would I get another one as long as this one is perfect. :agree:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:agree: Lots of people buy bikes only to find they are not riders , but most likely if found on a car lot they found they could not afford both the bike & a decent car ........ pretty common ....... :D Rod

Well after a little research ...... : Link
This is a good thread. However. You can't take it out of context. Look at how many times we have all complained about issues with our bikes. But look at how many good things we say. If someone were to pick one bad thread and judge the X solely on that it would not be an accurate assessment. Don't get me wrong. I deffinitely paid attention to what was said about the 09 model, but that wont be the only factor in my final decision.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did it and didn't do it.

I did exactly what you're thinking of doing. Bought another bike but kept my 1300 X.

Don't really need 2 bikes but 1) wasn't going to trade it in because they don't give you crap, 2) not a real strong market in NE for bikes right now and 3) it's paid off and I spent 3 years making it comfortable. Plus insurance and license isn't too bad.

Didn't buy bags for the new bike. X has all the touring stuff so plan on using it when I go for LONG rides.

I trade off between bikes - each offers a different riding experience.

Will probably keep both for a year or two. Not sure when I do finally sell it will even be the X that goes.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am ALWAYS thinking I need two of something, this is why I have two cars, two trucks, and constantly thinking I need a bobber as a "toy" and the VTX as my regular ride.....the problem I have found is one truck sits parked next to the garage, the extra car is in the car port, and I was paying registration, insurance, and taxes on all of them...and don't get me started on keeping maint. up to date! I have taken tags and ins. off of two of the doubles, and gotten myself to agree to one bike at a time (for now).

I too was swayed by the raider, fortunately I missed the ride day at the local dealer! I have just about got the X where I want it...and no matter how much fun the next bike is, I will still have at least a coupe $k into getting it to where I want it to be....the only way I could justify getting a new bike at this point is if I had the X sold, and could get onto the new bike with no money out of pocket....I hate payments!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I also want a Raider...but can't part with my VTX. The dealer has offered me way over book for my 04C so I figure he got the Raider cheap. I think that he thinks he can sell my VTX easier than the Raider. I think way too much and when I do I get in big trouble...I think I will keep my VTX...maybe. See what you have done to me, you got me thinking again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts