Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
In 2018 we rode this ride and are planning on doing in again sometime this Summer of 2021. With the exception of a few other routes, it's about as scenic as it gets here in Ohio. We broke this up into a two day ride because we wanted to take our time and enjoy the route. This is the basic route.
Cuyahoga Falls to Beach City to Dundee – Route 93 to route 250 south/east to route 93
Zanesville to Cannelvile – Route 60/route 555 (South all the way to the river)
Little hocking (route 7) to Marietta – route 7
Spent the night at the Historic Lafayette Hotel
Just 1 block West from the hotel you MUST eat at Marietta Brewing Company - Beer, Food and Good Times! – Restaurant & Brewery
Marietta to Woodsfield – Route 26 (through the Wayne National Forest)
Woodsville to Canton – Route 800
Canton to Cuyahoga Falls – I 77 to rout 8
Total miles round trip – 381 miles

Exceptional ride, especially Rt.555 and Rt. 26.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
Greetings,
In 2018 we rode this ride and are planning on doing in again sometime this Summer of 2021. With the exception of a few other routes, it's about as scenic as it gets here in Ohio. We broke this up into a two day ride because we wanted to take our time and enjoy the route. This is the basic route.
Cuyahoga Falls to Beach City to Dundee – Route 93 to route 250 south/east to route 93
Just 1 block West from the hotel you MUST eat at Marietta Brewing Company - Beer, Food and Good Times! – Restaurant & Brewery

A fella from just north of Zanesville on Ohio 666, had a couple gatherings the past few years, and it featured riding the 'Triple Nickel" 555 to the river, lunch, then back to Z'ville. By a different route. A ride you need to keep your wits about you, esp. in a group. Many blind hill crests and sudden curves. Beautiful country/ scenery, but you'd better not gawk at scenery too much! There is a small town, maybe Portersville, that has a gas/ rest stop on the left, where you can buy decals & patches for the Triple Nickel.

Reactions: Big Al

·
Registered
374 Posts
Greetings,

Sounds great, post up the date and we'll see what we can do to join you. Rode these roads before.Fun.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A fella from just north of Zanesville on Ohio 666, had a couple gatherings the past few years, and it featured riding the 'Triple Nickel" 555 to the river, lunch, then back to Z'ville. By a different route. A ride you need to keep your wits about you, esp. in a group. Many blind hill crests and sudden curves. Beautiful country/ scenery, but you'd better not gawk at scenery too much! There is a small town, maybe Portersville, that has a gas/ rest stop on the left, where you can buy decals & patches for the Triple Nickel.
rangers4u,
Thanks for posting about this gathering. If you have any information that he is going to do this again this year, please post and let me/us know.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds great, post up the date and we'll see what we can do to join you. Rode these roads before.Fun.
Will do. I hope this "COVID" thing dies down so folks up here will join in and places we go and stay will be open for business.
It would be great if more rides would be scheduled here in Ohio. I know tons of folks who are chomping at the bit to get out and ride.

Reactions: schnitz

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
rangers4u,
Thanks for posting about this gathering. If you have any information that he is going to do this again this year, please post and let me/us know.
He was a great guy at first, and then some character flaws showed up, after he'd wrecked a street/ trail bike and broke his foot. People had gone out of their way to help him, and lack of showing common courtesy led several of us to 'not' be his friend anymore. He continues to ride a new street/trail bike all over his area, but I think he may have learned some hard lessons. He occasionally posts on the VTX Cafe, about his dirt rides with pix, and goes by River13.

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
Greetings,

I have been riding them roads for MANY Years...... all are great roads.... I miss them down here.

road them with the Goldwings, VTX1800F, VF750F, CBR1000F

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
I have been riding them roads for MANY Years...... all are great roads.... I miss them down here.

road them with the Goldwings, VTX1800F, VF750F, CBR1000F
We miss having you up here too, Chuck.

Reactions: chuck_VTX F

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please keep us posted if you pull this together. I miss the tech sessions and meet and greet that used to be held in Marysville. Hopefully they will return. Wish I had the space or a place to host one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please keep us posted if you pull this together. I miss the tech sessions and meet and greet that used to be held in Marysville. Hopefully they will return. Wish I had the space or a place to host one.
Will do.

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
Yeah, the first 2 Tech sessions I attended were @ SPyKER's in W. Columbus, then he moved to San Antonio then Beriah took over and hosted near Marysville. Great times. If you didn't like the gobs I brought, you were the poorer for it, LOL! Then Gaston had his accident, gave up riding and the bike, got a different job, and was about to move the last I'd heard, several years ago. Then Bruce Mullin took over for a couple years N of Zanesville, then circumstances stopped that too. Ironmk has had a get-together or 2 @ Louisville, but usually just a M & G, not a tecchie. Great places to make new friends and get with old ones!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have never had a chance to attend one of the tech sessions but would really like to. If some one would put one on please post it.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
I have never had a chance to attend one of the tech sessions but would really like to. If some one would put one on please post it.
Are you a member on VTX Cafe? From all the years I've been with both forums, it seems a lot more of 'the gang' from Ohio, Indiana, Mich., W. Va., W. Pa. are from the Cafe than the OA. Check the state lists and the group rides lists.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts