Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, hate to beat a dead horse, but just got back from Walmart. They have about a dozen qts of Mobil 1, green and I want to say yellow caps. Can either of these be used on the X? They're going for just over $2 a quart, and I don't want to pass this up if it's something I can use. Already have a case of the new GOLD cap.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
301 Posts
i don't know the color of the caps since they've switched them and all, but you are ok to use the 15-50 or 10-40...the 20-50 is just too thick. for $2/qt, it sounds like that may be the synthetic blend(or even the dino oil) and not the full synthetic. in any case, just look at the API service label and make sure it does not have "energy conserving" in it asnd it's the 10-40 or 15-50.
i've even reead on here where some use the shell rotella T synthetic which is a 5-40(supposedly equivilent to the dino 15-40 used in deisel motors) and i believe Mobil-1 's new line includes a 5-40 so i'm guessing that would be ok to use also.

·
Banned
13,031 Posts
I finally went full circle and switched back to Honda GN4 10W40. I tried using the Mobil 1 redcap 15/50 but, found the bike ran sluggish. my .02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts