Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not in the habit of checking my oil every day.:( I know. sooo. i had the bike up on the old jack a few days ago and removed the air filter. found some milky goe in the housing. okay so i know this oils from the breather.and the waters from condinsation. not alot of oil no problem. check the coolant. full but its full of glitter. yep the water pumps going bad. ive got a coolant system full of aluminummmmm (thats how i say it too :D). i then pull the dip stick and it has no oil on the stick. now im consurened. pulled the plugs. none are oil fouled. but the front left plugs threads are oiled up. what do you all think?

from what i can gather the left intake vavle seams to be located close the the plug. could the valve seal be leaking?

and no external leaks.

the bike has just over 16000 miles on it and is due for an oil chang. i have had a pick up in the past that wouldnt use oil untill it got over 2500 miles on the service. has anyone had such a issue with these 1300s

please help.

·
Super Moderator
64,215 Posts
So, are you saying you checked the level with the bike on the lift? If yes, don't worry about it too much as the bike is likely not very level. Take the bike down off the lift, then change the oil and see how much you get out(don't forget to stand the bike upright when draining the oil ) I'll bet you got 4 qts in there, these sticks are very fickle.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
check the coolant. full but its full of glitter. yep the water pumps going bad.
I wouldn't worry about it. My coolant has always appeared full of glitter and the pump is still original and just fine with over 100K on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts