Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Where can I get a oil filter wrench for a 1800. Checked on hondaline couldn't find it . Any one know ? Best price ?
Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks Spike, I knew I could count on you . Didn't see it on there but will calland order it tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Tired of usin the old srewdriver stuff. My oil was good and hot today ( the way it should be) but I need the wrench.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Works great for those of us with antique VTX's with the coolant overflow behing the filter 8)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
ISKIVT said:
Works great for those of us with antique VTX's with the coolant overflow behing the filter 8)
I must be one of them...'02 R/S...I got a filter wrench and drive on mine...came right off-no problem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oil filter wrench

The K&N filter has a nut welded to the filter housing.
No special wrench needed, and it's cheaper than OEM :D

Harley Davidson::::: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the side effect of creating horsepower.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought a cup filter at walmart for $2.50. Bought the smallest one they had. It fits perfect.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Chromer said:
I use the strap also. Fits well in tight places. $6 at the auto parts store.
I've been using the rubber strap wrench, medium size f/ Sears. Been working OK, tho I haven't liked the fiddling around w/ it to get it positioned and snugged just right to prevent slippage. I hand tighten the new filter w/ reasonable firmness - I'm not very strong, anyway. This spring when I changed filter while getting rid of winter storage oil, the damn rubber strap actually broke trying to loosen the filter. I'm going to try a different wrench, either the metal one pictured here (that Spke posted):
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/vtx/p ... =352220645

or the cup one. Probably will try the Spike one first. But later, when I use up my inventory of oem filters, I might switch to the K&N with the bolt end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts