Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went for a ride today got 45 miles away stopped for a break, shut motorcycle off, got off looked down and oil was dripping out of bottom pretty bad. it was all over my back tire didnt know what to do called roadside assistance they said it would be 3 hours before somebody would be able to get there to pick it up.I told them to forget it id get it towed myself. Anyways I took the cover off to see where the oil was coming from and it was coming from the shifter linkage that enters the engine it was a rubber seal I pushed it back in with a screw driver and it quit leaking. Went for a ride and it did it again when I shifted. Has anybody else had this kind of problem? towed it to the dealership, you think I might have any internal engine problems from low oil it was low a quart. Any ideas would be appreciated. Its still under warranty.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Crank case vent line is kinked, the line runs to the back of the air breather. Had it off lately ?? and no you didn't hurt the engine.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hey man that sounds like an old song and dance I went through. You need to check the hose behind that air cleaner. If that hose is bent or kinked, it will blow oil out the shifter shaft. I had that same thing happen to me. Check that hose.

tlyoungb

·
Registered
229 Posts
Happened to me too.... Mine did it when I removed the pair valve. Unkink it and you will be fine.

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
Vent Hose Pinched Easy check!

Take the air cleaner cover off.
Take the dipstick out and lay a 3x3" single layer of tissue paper over the opening.
Take a common drinking straw and hold it over the smaller hole in the airbox (the one that sticks out) And give it a puff of air. If it blows the tissue off your ok. If not hose is pinched behind airbox.

Doug, Coloma, MI. (Donut)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everybody, its figured out know my stupidity, I plugged the wrong whole. I thought I was plugging the pair valve hole but I did the wrong one. This board is the best!!! Thanks again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wshew! 8)

I had precisely the same problem tonight, and I did exactly the same thing... pushed the seal back in with a screwdriver. I'll check the breather hose, because I just rejetted last week.

You guys are the best. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts