Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1800c. When I ride the oil appears to be leaking out of a small hole on the front left side and rear right side of motor. Is not a continuous leak. You could say it pukes it out. I attached a photo. Just trying to make sure its not something internal going wrong cause I have clean the oil up and continue riding. Honda tech believes it could be a gasket and they're not sure what the hole's is are for, or they just don't want to tell because they could make $850 to pull motor and replace gaskets. Thanks

Here are some more photos. The oil is also leaking on the back side of the motor. Just under the exhaust port there is also a small hole that oil is leaking from. The oil isn't leaking from the spark plugs. Its coming from a small hole(the first pic shows the hole).I trying to figure what the holes is and its importantce.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,913 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have a 1800c. When I ride the oil appears to be leaking out of a small hole on the front left side and rear right side of motor. Is not a continuous leak. You could say it pukes it out. I attached a photo. Just trying to make sure its not something internal going wrong cause I have clean the oil up and continue riding. Honda tech believes it could be a gasket and they're not sure what the hole's is are for, or they just don't want to tell because they could make $850 to pull motor and replace gaskets. Thanks
Could it be the hand on the mouse? JK

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I must masturbate too much, cause I'm either going blind or your pix
is fuzzy.:dontknow:

We probably need a better pix and more detail. Where exactly is it leaking from?

I'm attaching the link for the repair manual to help you narrow things down.

Service Manual

http://downloads.hondatech.info/Moto/VTX/VTX1800/Honda VTX1800 C 02-03 Service Manual ENG By Mosue.pdf

Parts Manual

http://downloads.hondatech.info/Moto/VTX/VTX1800/VTX1800C Parts CAT..pdf
OOPs, sorry - quoted the wrong post. Still concerned about the mouse.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
2nd pic looks like oil running down from under the valve cover. Is that stuff on the valve cover green? Other pics could be too, or someone took off the heads and boogared the mating surface creating an oil leak. Trace the oil and confirm the source of the leaks.

·
Super Moderator
63,876 Posts
Could also be from teh spark plugs, take off the spark plug covers and see if that is where it is starting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts