Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if this is a major fix or is it normal seepage from around shifter shaft seal ..changed antifreeze thats when i noticed it thanks also i followed instructions per site on how to change antifreeze my question is its kinda pia to keep taking off gas tank and reinstalling it to run then shut off to check fluid so what i did was filled it up ran it waited for fans/bliped throttle then stut it down and let it cool should i top it off and be done after that i used honda antifreeze about 3 qts

·
Super Moderator
64,214 Posts
Yep, you pinched the crankcase vent line and the pressure built up inside the engine has popped out the shifter-shaft seal. You can pop that bak on if you are careful. But you have to unpinch the vent hose for it to stay in ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the seal didnt pop out just seeping oil hate to ask this stupid question but were is the crank case hose located chicago spike is it where the air filter used to be now im running a thunder air i think i hooked everything up as directed per instructions

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
It goes from the back side of the front cylinder to the back of the air filter.

Item 12

Hooked to the spot that says F-20

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i check sunday but there is no f20 i did the block off plates and pair mod i just bigleys blk off plates i did go out tonight and checked it dont seem to be kinked also this might help i installed athunder air filter kit on the bottom there is a plastic 90degree pipe were the hose goes to then the other as i can hardy see goes to the frnt cylinder head some were i pulled the hose off and a little oil was inside the hose going to the plastic fitting into the thunder . the seal didnt pop out just had alittle oil around it i will pull the tank off and check as i have to anyway to check the anti freeze thanks everyone that resonded to me any other sugestions would help thanks again looked at diagram it said f20 its there hose is intacked no kinks if anyone cares

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
checked today no kinks in hose,cleaned off seal does not look like it came out very small amount,how hard is it to replace seal when im ready

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
has anyone ever replaced a shifter seal how hard is it to put in,looks like a clip holds it in ?

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
has anyone ever replaced a shifter seal how hard is it to put in,looks like a clip holds it in ?
I can't imagine it's very hard to replace. Like you said, the clip holds it in place. I haven't done one yet, and I haven't heard of one failing other than being pushed out by crankcase over pressure. Just keep an eye on it and if it's really leaking replace it. Just be careful when removing it and make sure to lube up the new one before install;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts