Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok , Iam finially ready to get my bike tuned up....I know ,as well as all of you that have rode behind me, that i am way too rich.(not in the good way)$$$$$$$

Tom Clark was the ones who set it up to start.....so any thought on who i should use?

I want it right for a change......

....as for all of you who ive gased out over the year....iam sorry....i hope you eyes stop watering now. :cry:

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
If you plan on gettin a DYNO tune, you should first get new plugs, new air filter and install em yourself to save some $$$, also double check the grounds and battery connections. I recommend West Hills Honda where Eric has the DYNO. The only thing you should be prepared for is possibly some rejetting if you want to change the A/F mixture. He has the sniffer on the DYNO and can tell if you need to rejet. These VTX's do like it somewhat fuel rich..... so maybe nothing will be required at all.

Oh, and they give a discount for HRCA membership.... so tell em ya are a member.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John for the info......any cluen on how long something like that takes?....would i have to leave the x there or could i stay and test out a goldwing....loll.

Any thought on cost as well?

I guess i just need to call them.

anyone use them with a 1300? if so thoughts?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Holy Geeez, does this mean that in the FUTURE, that when I ride behind you and we are going down a hill, I won't feel as if I am being shot at by a rifle. Or that I won't smell gas in my moustache either. HOOORAY...
a big LOL

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I won't smell gas in my moustache either

..Hey G-wiz...what you do for fun in your personial life is none of my business....lol. :lol:

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Not sure how long it might take... depends on how much tuning it needs I guess. I would wait with the bike and watch what is going on....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts