Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT WILL I SEE IN TERMS OF CHANGE AND WHICH ONE TO GO FOR?

THE PRO HYPERCHARGER OR THE STANDARD?

AND PICS AND COMMENTS WILL HELP.

THX

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have the Pro and love it mainly because of the butterfly action while goosing the throttle. Also the giant sucking air sound it is making.

One thing you will need to do is get used to its and your right leg position. After 2 days of riding, your adjusted and its well worth the look in my opinion.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THE PRO IS THE CLEANER LOOKING OR THE ONE WITH THE CIRCLE IN THE MIDDLE???

DOES YOUR LEG MOVE OUTWARD?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THIS IS THE PRO ???

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hey Serpags

I first installed the regular hypercharger when i first got the 1300, butterflies look great, nice chrome finish, air sucking into the engine was awesome, performance wise, i honestly didnt notice a big difference.
When the pro HP came out, i upgraded. Yes it does make your leg stick out a bit further, almost a full 2-3 inches. it makes it hard to reach the kury highway pegs. I installed new Kuery driver pegs which are a little bigger, which in turn makes it easier to reach and installed a kury extension 2 1/2 inches on the cruise peg mounts.
Not only does it look awesome but i get alot of compliments on how it looks and sounds on the bike.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
This is the pro. I rejetted, did the pipes and the Hypercharger on the same day and it really woke the bike up! It was the combination of all three. Give it more air (hypercharger) and more gas (re-jet - kit comes with the pro) and a way to escape once burned with less resistance (pipes) and then you feel the difference. Good luck!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check out the new Pro-R also. It is due to release in May. Once I get my X...counting down the days...I'm hoping the new Pro-R is available for the 1300c. From what I've read about it, this new intake has been redesigned to give better airflow that the two previous models, I'll be curious to see what kind of performance gains it will give over the others. Try this link, you may have to cut and paste it into your browser. I'm not sure, I've never posted a link before.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detai ... me=fitment

There is also another interesting addtion to the original that should be available:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detai ... VTX_1800_C

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is for the 1800 not 1300

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is something that I've also thought of, but I would assume the version for the 1300 would be soon to follow if not released at the same time.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I'm seeing them listed for the 1300 also but remember, if it says Kuryakyn and they say it will be available in may.....start looking for it next march! They never roll new products out on time......

·
Registered
154 Posts
Any of you guys with the Pro ridding in the rain with them? Does it effect the way the bike runs? Seems to me that those are some damn big holes...plenty big for some rain to get in...

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is the Pro, noticed a difference the first time I rode it. Looks beautiful, the suction sound when you rev is awesome, and all sorts of other benefits

·
Registered
154 Posts
KnuckleHead said:
Any of you guys with the Pro ridding in the rain with them? Does it effect the way the bike runs? Seems to me that those are some damn big holes...plenty big for some rain to get in...
Bump...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts