Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. Great board. Lots of good stuff here. I am in the market for a new bike. my current bike is a 1984 v30 magna. I happened by my local dealer today and came across a 2004 silver VTX for about $9017 out the door. I really like my magna but I think I need something a little bigger. I am about 5"6 and 130 lbs. This bike would look great next to my siler ice Xterra. anything else i should be looking at? thanks for your input.

chef

·
Registered
409 Posts
04 1300

I paid $8300 out the door for mine. $8600 with cobra slashcut pipes.

·
Registered
803 Posts
a 2004 silver VTX for about $9017 out the door
You have to be specific about what "out the door" includes. If it includes
sales tax, than maybe it's not a bad price.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Howling/pepper chef said:
Hi everybody. Great board. Lots of good stuff here. I am in the market for a new bike. my current bike is a 1984 v30 magna. I happened by my local dealer today and came across a 2004 silver VTX for about $9017 out the door. I really like my magna but I think I need something a little bigger. I am about 5"6 and 130 lbs. This bike would look great next to my siler ice Xterra. anything else i should be looking at? thanks for your input.

chef
Hi chef paid 7500 for my 04 1300 retro before taxes at hitching post, also might check larsons in cambrige for some good deals. good luck and hope to see ya on the road :D

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Howling/pepper chef said:
Yes it does include Tax, title and registration.

Is this going to be a good bike? Or should I be looking at the 1800?

chef
It really depends on what you're looking for in a bike. In my opinion, the only thing the 1800 has over the 1300 are the linked brakes, fuel injection, and back breaking power. For me the 1300 is perfect. More power that I could possibly need. Better handling than the 1800 because it has a lower center of gravity. And it has a single pin crank so if you put aftermarket pipes on it sounds like a Harley. The 1800 sounds like a VW bug with an exhaust leak. The 1300 is the right bike for me. No problems with the carb. It's a good set up.

If it was important for me to win every race I'd buy a Hayabusa. Besides, the VTX1300 will beat about any Metric 1500 or 1600 out there and most Harleys except the Vrod. That's not what it's about for me though. I just want a powerful, great looking, great sounding bike that I can cruise around on. I found that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
got my 2004 VTX 1300C in august 04 for $7450 plus tax and tags...no other extras. Just a little over $8k OTD.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Paid $ 8300 , plus tax,for my Silver 2004 VTX 1300 S. It did come with a Memphis Shade windshield and HD Sideburners mufflers and I got to keep the originals. Bought back in Jan. 05, was demo and has 560 miles on it and is still in storage, till the end of the month, when I get back from vacation. Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you are looking at Tounsley and the Hitching Post, I would lean towards the Hitching Post for better customer service. I bought mine at Tounsley, a friend bought his at the Hitching Post. He received coupons for discounts on parts and customer appreciation sales, I received nothing from Tounsley.

Another place to look is at Mondus Motorsports in Hudson, WI. I went there for my 600 mile service, it was over $100 cheaper then both Tounsley and Hitching Post.

I found most of the dealers around the metro were the same price, you have to also take into account what kind of extras they provide. I wished I had looked at that part of it more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:evil: In Ukraine I paid 16000$ for 1300S :evil: You can image Harley price, mafia can buy. :twisted: I love America. Have pontiac grand am 1999 for 18000$ :twisted: Now you understand why we want live in USA. :shock:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I felt pretty good till I read this. Mid-March I paid $8600 out the door (everything-Tax, title, license, etc.) for a new 04 VTX1300C just out of the box (Fla)

Can't imagine wanting anything larger. How fast you think you're gonna' go? Mine's silver which is the fastest color they make. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
As a comparison, out here in socal, a new 2005 vtx1300r is $9200 out the door (that's the best price by far from everywhere I called down here). That includes 7.75% sales tax, title, and registration. No extras, no goodies. Bike only. The rest of the stealers I talked with were around 10+ out the door.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
it must have been a black bike for that price, they are more valuble.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
In N.Y. out the door,tax,tags,reg, $8900.00 we have 8.75% sales tax. that sounds like a fair price to me. The bigger the honda dealer, the better price you can get. They have more freedom with price. dealer cost is subject to the amount of units they sell per year. So a bigger dealer gets a better price from distributor(honda). Just remember even stealers have to eat..

wood42

1 - 20 of 36 Posts