Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone could share their experiences, both good and bad, with any of the Oklahoma dealerships. Sales, service, finance? I am in Tulsa and so I am most interested in GC Honda, Honda of Tulsa, Bartlesville Cycle Sports, and Motor Sports in Muskogee but have not ruled out driving further if I feel the trip to be worth my while.
Any help appreciated. Looking to find a good dealership to do business with.
Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
I purchased my bike from Bartlesville Cycle Sports. I called almost every dealer in the state looking for the best price and found it here. I even called the dealers again that are closer to OKC to see if they would match and none would. Stillwater would match, but all they had were C models. As far as my buying experience there, low price aside, they weren't overly friendly and only gave me a cursory orientation to the bike. I would however, buy from them again because of their pricing and the fact the dealers in OKC are worthless when it comes to customer service.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I bought mine from GC but I also looked at Honda of Tulsa. Honda of Tulsa's quoted price was $1200 more than GC for the same bike. Plus, just my opinion, the dealers at Honda of Tulsa were a little rude and didn't act like they even wanted the sale. That's just fine with me, I went down the highway to GC the next week and bought theirs for $8400 brand new 05. I got a lower quote from BCS but I didn't want to make the drive everytime I needed to take it to the dealer. Hope this helps. P.S. Financed thru Honda at 6.9% for 6 years.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input Friz and Bubbaloo…This is not the first time I have heard this about BCS, that is part of the reason I posted this in the first place. I have also noticed the price difference between GCH and HOT. Sounds like you got a great deal for 8400 Bubbaloo! I was in there just yesterday and he said he would let me have one for around 8800. Have not done any negotiating yet. Thanks for your input guys! Big help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not in OK, but I'm glad to hear the same stories. The dealer/stealers here in IL act like they don't want to sell anything to anyone. Is it just a Honda thing or whats the deal?

·
Registered
846 Posts
I think it is a stealer thing. I think salesmen are pretty low on the food chain if you ask me. Not quite as bad as lawyers, but still...

·
Registered
113 Posts
dealers

This dealer may be worth the drive!

http://www.southernhonda.com/new_vehicl ... DispType=1

As far as warranty work goes - none can truly refuse.

I used Modrell-Chickasha Honda. I know of several OKC riders that apparently prefer them over the two OKC dealers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok dealers

I recommend Bartlesville Cycle Sports for saving a considerable amount of money when buying bike. Check out their website for pricing.
I recommend Honda of Tulsa for parts and clothing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Soldier, I forgot about Chickasaw Honda, a friend of mine bought a 750 Ace from there two or three years ago.
Your right Thunter5, BSC is the best place I have found "price wise".
But I have heard several things about them and not sure I want to deal with them yet. Just fishing for more information. Thanks for your input guys!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I use Moddrells also. I have sent several of my friends there and they have all been satisfied. I have yet to go in there and not be treated like family. Ex: two days after buying my first C all four plugs fouled. Moddrells came 40 miles to Edmond, picked up the bike fixed it and brought it back at no charge. Don't know of anyone else around that would do that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Tulsa Dealers

I bought my first bike used from Honda of Tulsa. I feel like I got an awesome price on a really nice bike and the salesman was great, really helpful. The guys at the parts desk are pretty good about showing stuff in catalogs and they always ask if I need any help.

I bought my X used from Green Country. I don't know if the deal was as good as my first bike but they are two very different bikes so who's to say. Anyway, the salesman was great, even though they were busy. I did have to wait awhile for everything to get done. They were also really nice about ordering things I wanted right away. Sometimes they're just really busy.

I have dealt with both shops for sales, but can't comment yet on which is better for service.

I, too, have heard good things about Bartlesville Cycle Sports but I've called first to see if they have a bike like I like in the price range I want. So far, we never made it to price because they didn't have what I was looking for.

·
Registered
113 Posts
rbagby said:
I use Moddrells also. I have sent several of my friends there and they have all been satisfied. I have yet to go in there and not be treated like family. Ex: two days after buying my first C all four plugs fouled. Moddrells came 40 miles to Edmond, picked up the bike fixed it and brought it back at no charge. Don't know of anyone else around that would do that.
They do seem to treat everyone quite friendly. It is primarily a "family" run organization. They were willing to bring my bike to me on a Saturday afternoon, no extra charge. Did not charge me to put on the accessories that I was too lazy to put on myself on sale day! Service seems to be good; never try to get you to do something you don't need. I could have gotten a couple hundred dollars better deal in Lawton, but didn't like the "attitude" as well. Everytime I go back the owner comes out to check the bike and "see if I changed anything else"!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Maxey's

I got mine at Maxey's Motorsports in OKC. The lowest price I could find was Bartlesville Cycle, but they were only about $100 cheaper and I live in the OKC area. Got a GREAT deal on my 2005 VTX1300R with aftermarket exhaust and air intake installed. They also give a discount on your 600 mile service, if you buy the bike there.

Stay away from Oklahoma Honda/Suzuki in Del City. They have minor league sales people with pathetic sales skills.

Rufus

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: Maxey's

RufusPumble said:
I got mine at Maxey's Motorsports in OKC. The lowest price I could find was Bartlesville Cycle, but they were only about $100 cheaper and I live in the OKC area. Got a GREAT deal on my 2005 VTX1300R with aftermarket exhaust and air intake installed. They also give a discount on your 600 mile service, if you buy the bike there.

Stay away from Oklahoma Honda/Suzuki in Del City. They have minor league sales people with pathetic sales skills.

Rufus
The price difference for me was $1000.00. Maxey's was totally unwilling to deal. They also gave me flack about a seat bolt that was stripped (covered under warranty) because I didn't buy from them and they told me to take the bike back to B'ville.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to everyone for their input. Lots of good info here! Moddrells sounds like something to look into, I had forgotten about them.
Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Re: Maxey's

I bought my bike on Feb. 1st, when the weather was not very warm, so they may have been in the right mindset to deal? All I know is that if you know what you want, how much you will pay and talk to Spencer Lane, you should be able to do alright. I got a GREAT deal. In fact, he said that he would treat referrals of mine equally well! If you want to see what he can do for you (if anything) call him at 405-946-0556 and tell him that Shawn Day referred you. I would be interested to see if he would do a good deal off of the referral...

Rufus[/quote]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts