Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone could share their experiences, both good and bad, with any of the Oklahoma dealerships. Sales, service, finance? I am in Tulsa and so I am most interested in GC Honda, Honda of Tulsa, Bartlesville Cycle Sports, and Motor Sports in Muskogee but have not ruled out driving further if I feel the trip to be worth my while.
Any help appreciated. Looking to find a good dealership to do business with.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Can't help you on the dealerships. One thing to watch out for on financing is what you are paying interest on. Sometimes when the rates are low it is because they are on the amount borrowed until it is paid off. Not the amount you still owe. This makes a huge difference in the total interest paid. make sure you know what you are getting into. When you only owe $1000 on your bike you are still paying interest on the $11,000 you originally borrowed.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I would say take a drive to Springfield, MO. Procycle Motorsports is the name I believe. They will have the best prices. If you don't want to drive that far, then Bartlesville is the next best place for price. That's where I purchased my 1300C. They were great to work with. I have heard the service department isn't much though. I use a local Yamaha shop for my service. They've been good to me and I trust their mechanic.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I bought my bike from Ok. Honda and Suzuki in OKC. had the first service done there and was pleased. Of the dealers you listed the only one I've dealt with is Bartesville where I bought a set of tires and they also provided me with good service.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input guys, I will keep Springfield, MO in mind as an option. Thanks for the "good" input about BCS, I have heard some not so good things about them also. That is why I was wanting to hear from anybody doing business there. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
RK,

You might get a better response if you ask this on the Oklahoma board. I've tried dealing with Honda of Tulsa and forgetttttaboutit. I have gotten 2 bikes from GCCC and couldn't be happier. They may charge a little more but the service I have received has been worth it.

If ya come out this Saturday to GC we are doing a Honda Riders Club function. I'd be more than glad to tell ya of what all they have done for me both good and bad.

Tejas

G

·
0 Posts
Tejas_Ranger said:
RK,

You might get a better response if you ask this on the Oklahoma board. I've tried dealing with Honda of Tulsa and forgetttttaboutit. I have gotten 2 bikes from GCCC and couldn't be happier. They may charge a little more but the service I have received has been worth it.

If ya come out this Saturday to GC we are doing a Honda Riders Club function. I'd be more than glad to tell ya of what all they have done for me both good and bad.

Tejas
Do you have to belong to go on the ride?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Tejas! I haven't signed up over there yet, that is the only reason I haven’t posted this on the Oklahoma board yet. But that is a good idea, will do as soon as I get a chance.
What time are you going to be there at GC on Saturday? I might just take you up on that.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Mike,

It's open to all riders and all bikes but sponsored by the HRCA and that dealership. The dealership is adding an accessory shop and the guy that used to be the coordinator for them doesn't have the time. They have asked me to be the coordinator for the HRCA chapter this year. I've been asked to set one ride up a month and go where we want for whatever length we want. My plans are to hold them the 3rd or 4th weekend of each month on either day that has the fewest events in the state. The rides are free, unless it's a poker run. The dealership is going to give me door prizes to to give out at each event.

We will be having a poker run this summer to benefit St Jude's Childrens Hospital which is the charity HRCA sponsors.

Here's the flyer,

RK,

I plan on getting there about 8:30 to get my part done and be ready to pull out at 9:30.

BTW, I will post the next months events on the ride forum and try to get them in the ride listings for the state.

Tejas

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
RedKnight said:
I was just wondering if anyone could share their experiences, both good and bad, with any of the Oklahoma dealerships. Sales, service, finance? I am in Tulsa and so I am most interested in GC Honda, Honda of Tulsa, Bartlesville Cycle Sports, and Motor Sports in Muskogee but have not ruled out driving further if I feel the trip to be worth my while.
Any help appreciated. Looking to find a good dealership to do business with.
Thanks
I don't know about Oklahoma dealership,, but i may can help you in Ohio. :) call us at 800-785-6761 we have had lots of folks from all over the US to come and buy their Honda from us.

Also if you would rather talk with me about a Honda call me at 334-347-4171 home.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, for your help tx2go and King Cobra, I will keep that in mind if I can't find a deal I like around here. I will also hang on to your number KC if you don’t mind.
Thanks for your offer too Tejas, but I am not sure I can make that, sounds like you will have your hands full anyway. Maybe I can catch up with you another time. Don't count on me being there, but if I can make it, I will just show up and find you.

Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts