Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share a few pics of my winter project up here in Minnesoooota. I decided last fall that I wanted my bike to be different than anything anyone had really seen on an X before. After much planning, and wrenching, this is what I have come up with...

This winter I installed:
~18" Ness Apes
~Pro-1 Twisted Grips
~Show Crome Switch Boxes
~Kuryakyn Turn Signal Mirrors
~Valkyrie Headlight
~Thunder Air Kit
~DG Hard Krome 3" Big Straight pipes
~Wild Card Customs Ol skool sissybar & pad
~Clear taillight
~Kuryakyn rear silver bullets
~Kuryakyn Run/Turn/Brake module for rear bullets
~Custom Dynamics Universal Blinker Switch
~Progressive 11" rear shocks
~Progressive fork springs
~L&R Forward controls
~Spoked Wheels
~Easy Brackets
~New leather bags
~Reed valve block-off plates

Installed last year:
~Stainless Steel Brake, Clutch, & Throttle lines
~Mustang vintage wide seat
~Dyno Jet PCIII
~Kuryakyn plate frame and back plate
~Purple Harley tank decals
~Iron Braid levers
~Memphis Fats
~Cobra Passenger Boards

I think that is everything....

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...the sissybar is a big part of the overall bike. The 3 things I thought were most important for getting the look I wanted were: the apes, the wheels, and the sissybar. They really make the bike

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Ol skool

pichel said:
How about fishtail exhaust tips?? :?:
They look cool, but would look small on a VTX...in my opinion. I had Jardines on my bike last year, and thought those looked too small. The HK really have a nice look, and a descent sound

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Looks wild! A definite different look. I always thought that if ape hangers were used the bike bike as a whole had to fit the part. I dig it. I'd kinda like to see what it'd look like if you got rid of the passenger seat and maybe put something else in place of the sissy bar pad. Is the carrier removable?

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The carrier rack is tig welded to the bar...so not removeable. I ride 2-up 90% of the time, which is part of the reason for the big seat and backrest pad. Wanted the bike to look good, yet be functional...

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Cool 8)
This is a pic of my old Harley before I really started to chop it up. It had what they called a King Queen seat on it. This is my wife of 25 years. We were just kids back then. :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Looking good MnXRider! Very unique! How do you like the L & R forwards? Thinking about getting some.

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool! I am familar with those seats. This is only my second bike, and it was a lot of fun to build. Being only 22 years old, I hope to build many more!!

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chromer said:
How do you like the L & R forwards? Thinking about getting some.
DO IT!!!! I haven't put many miles on them, but enough to know they are one of the best investments you can make. I would not hesitate to recommend these forwards to anyone. I am only 5' 10", and they fit me just fine. Lots more comfortable than where the boards sit stock...

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again for your help on this Rick! Couldn't have done the bar w/o ya :wink:

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
It's nice, but you can't have an old school bike without muffler tape!

Can you?

:?: :D :?: :wink:

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's part old school....part new for now. The tape looks good on some bikes ;) I want to get the bike painted next

G

·
0 Posts
no problem...glad i could help with your project, if you ever need me again...just yell... :D

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will do, and I really appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts