Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever ride old mine road between delaware water gap and montague? what kind of shape is it in? thanks for looking

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I visit that area a lot (hiking at Mt Tammany - Worthington State Forest) and every once in a while head down Old Mine Rd ... I haven't been down it in a while but last I was it was okay. But that was before this past winter with all the snow and ice, so it may have gotten torn up some. Hopefully it's in good shape it's a gorgeous area.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rode this road on saturday, except for some potholes on the south end the road was in pretty good shape. seen lots of deer and even a bear. not much car traffic but a group of bicyclist were using it. planning on going back in the fall when the leaves change.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Old Mine Road

I ride that road every day i live in Port Jervis the road is good of course
im not talking about hot doging just nice rideing

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ride that road every day i live in Port Jervis the road is good of course
im not talking about hot doging just nice rideing

we took a nice cruise too, i don't think i would want to ride it fast, there are a lot of blind spots

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Have you guys ever gone hiking up the mountain right there in Worthington State Forest/DWG?

If you're coming along Old Mine Rd, you can park on the side in areas and follow a few trails up the side of the mountain to Sunfish Pond ... BEAUTIFUL glacial lake atop the mountain. Or you can park at the main area off Rt 80 and hike up the Appalachian Trail to get there. It's amazing, one of my favorite places in this area!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you guys ever gone hiking up the mountain right there in Worthington State Forest/DWG?

If you're coming along Old Mine Rd, you can park on the side in areas and follow a few trails up the side of the mountain to Sunfish Pond ... BEAUTIFUL glacial lake atop the mountain. Or you can park at the main area off Rt 80 and hike up the Appalachian Trail to get there. It's amazing, one of my favorite places in this area!

i parked in the rest area off of 80. i didn't know about those trails off of old mine road. did you ever hike on the pennsylvania side? there is a nice view from mt.minsi

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Actually no I've only hiked the NJ side at Mt Tammany. I have to get up Mt Minsi some time soon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts