Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is nolan and I have a vtx 1800c purchased in Brisbane in 03 from PRohonda Rocklea.Presently the bike has 127000 k and runs like a charm,a loud one.In 011 I shipped the bike and myself over to the UK to ride to the IOM TT races,had a ball of a time in the UK and IRELAND.

Back home in bris I ride every week with various groups and cover between 300/500k during the ride, so you can see the seat gets a workout and with me at 140kilos and a big bum

Before I went to the UK, I got the seat remade for the third time here in brisbane and now it needs to be remade again,this time I was going to try an aftermarket seat or get a vtx seat base and play with that.But where to get a seat base or an old seat ???any ideas in aust.as you know buyer beware in the purchase of an aftermarket seat,if it does,t suit, to bad.

I am also thinking of changing the passenger pegs to boards, any adviceI would be grateful.

Cheers nolan.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mate , do yourself a MAJOR favour and get yourself an ULTIMATE seat

Me and the missus LOVE ours.

Definitely worth the $$$$

Will have to catch up with you one day, we're just up near Gympie

a25Chev

Reactions: jackk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mate , do yourself a MAJOR favour and get yourself an ULTIMATE seat

Me and the missus LOVE ours.

Definitely worth the $$$$

Will have to catch up with you one day, we're just up near Gympie

a25Chev
many thanks for that infro,helped me make up my mind,have talked a seat remodeler on the Gold coast and he will make me one simular.again thank you,we ride alot in the Mary valley and beyond the next time we are going to woodgate I will contact you,cheers.

·
Registered
468 Posts
home-made ,stainless steel plate 8mm thick and threaded rod for gearshift extension
.plate is roughly 120/130 long drilled four holes and bolted up

·
Registered
468 Posts
yeah like most things,priorities change ,bikes are Modded as far as finances will allow.
People move on to new projects.Bikes either become the workhorse,weekly ride etc or sold and onto new toys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
new seat

Hi I got a new seatand sissy bar back rest made by steve from,mcroadrunner.com.au and gave it a little workout over the w,end god its good ,I didnt know how bad my other seat was.verryyyyy happy.However I am looking for a seat base for the vtx so I can try another construction/combination, so if you have a seat or the base I would be interested in buying it.Cheers

·
Registered
364 Posts
G'day nolan, welcome to the site. Sounds like you do a lot of miles mate. One of these guys must have a stock seat laying around as quite a few have changed to aftermarket seats. Problem might be getting hold of them as the ausie board has been very quiet for a while now. You could try badpenny customs, they may have a seat?

Cheers,
Brian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts