Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 21 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my X about a year ago but still visit this board on occasion. Really enjoyed the fellowship we had back in the heyday. How many of the original members are still around ? Please post & let us know where you been & what you're riding !:thumbup: .......Rod

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I'm original, but not one of the first members of this forum. Shoot, I didn't even join until after the VTX went out of production and still waited another 5 years for good measure.
I joined immediately upon purchasing my VTX1800F back in Aug of 2014.
However, this forum still has some great members and there's still good camaraderie. I've met up with several people from this site over the last 4 years and every one of them were great people!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I'm original, but not one of the first members of this forum. Shoot, I didn't even join until after the VTX went out of production and still waited another 5 years for good measure.
I joined immediately upon purchasing my VTX1800F back in Aug of 2014.
However, this forum still has some great members and there's still good camaraderie. I've met up with several people from this site over the last 4 years and every one of them were great people!

Nate, looks like you and I came on board about the same time. I bought my 1800T in June of 2014. Became a member here shortly after that...

Reactions: nate6966

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm still here

Bought my 13c in June of 03. Don't get to ride as much as I'd like. Am planning a ride to Tupelo Ms with a couple of friends to ride the Natchez Trace back to Nashville early next month.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
There is old and then there's REALLY old timers

I consider myself an 'old timer' (been posting for 10 years) but not an original member. I'm still riding my X, because nothing else has tempted me to sell. I am now also riding a VStar. This web site has been very good to me in terms of technical advise and also can be very entertaining if you don't mind the topics getting 'hot'. >:)

There is a great group of members here always willing to help out a rider in need of advice. :firstplace:

:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Still riding my very first street bike ever...but s-l-o-w-l-y racking up the miles the last few years (currently at 117,8xx). December of this year will be 15 years since I bought it...time flies by when you're having fun. The only major item that I had to do (this year) was change out a blown head gasket (changed both while I was in there), but I'm still modding it here and there as time/money allows. My latest addition was the AudioVox cruise control (last Fall), which I should've installed a few years ago when I first bought the kit...makes the longer rides so much more enjoyable. I snagged one of the last custom control pad holders that cybrhick made, which is so cool and looks like a factory option.

Glad you're doing well. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I am talking about this board as it was huge in it's heyday ! Hard to believe how quiet the board has become ! MR VTX ,Hans&Feet,TennX are definitely originals in my opinion ! Really only sold my X because of age related problems. The feet foward position put my knees & hips in misery after a couple hours in the saddle. After selling my X I looked around for about a year & found a 14 Valkyrie ABS model with 2100 miles. All she needs is cruise control & hard bags to be my last street bike. Just wondering what become of a lot of the regulars here. Lots of good folks posted (and still do) here through the years ....... Poison , Bigdog1 , & many more seem to have vanished .......

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
I guess I am talking about this board as it was huge in it's heyday ! Hard to believe how quiet the board has become ! MR VTX ,Hans&Feet,TennX are definitely originals in my opinion ! Really only sold my X because of age related problems. The feet foward position put my knees & hips in misery after a couple hours in the saddle. After selling my X I looked around for about a year & found a 14 Valkyrie ABS model with 2100 miles. All she needs is cruise control & hard bags to be my last street bike. Just wondering what become of a lot of the regulars here. Lots of good folks posted (and still do) here through the years ....... Poison , Bigdog1 , & many more seem to have vanished .......
Yeah, I do miss the good 'ol days around here when the VTX was still in production and this place was hoppin'. The last I heard from Poison was back in August of 2011, and he was riding an orange '04 1300C after his black 1300 was totaled due to an accident (he was fine). Bigdog1 sold his 1800 and moved on to greener pastures, but I still keep up with him on Facebook. He's into photography and does amazing work.

cybrhick sold his last VTX (the 1800 "Geico" bike) several years ago and stopped making custom parts, but I still see him & his family every once in awhile when we get together. One of their sons was killed in a car accident a few years ago, and their daughter was at the Sante Fe high school that morning of the shooting. Their family has had to persevere through many trials over the years, but you won't meet any family more humble and sincere than them.

Our local Texas X Riders group has also been dwindling down, but they still have the annual Blue Bonnet Thunder (BBT) Rally every year out in the Hill Country in late April/early May. The last one I went to was 2007. :shock:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Learned to wrench my rides from this board and the Cafe boards. Still riding my 05 1300S. Strong as ever with just routine maintenance (valve adjustments still a big PIA). Not as many miles these days since it has to split riding time with the Wing and the dual sport these days. My first bike rally was at Bulldog's VTX gathering in Fredericksburg, VA in 09. Good times.

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
Good memories from 2005!
Hal, Lamont, King Cobra, C-Spike was busy giving help.
I can thank my brother in law for steering me to a VTX.
Rod--my hips would ache on the 850 Yamaha with the pedals under me.
On the VTX I rarely have pains.
>>2005 we were going places we had never visited before.
>>Removing those zeroes on the odometer.
>>VTX life!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I still have my 2005 1300S. Got it in 2007. Runs great and I really enjoy it. I can't imagine not having it. I've had some health problems over the last couple of years, on dialysis now, but I feel good and am riding again. Still go to work daily. Hopefully, I'll get a kidney transplant soon and feel as good as ever.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm still here too! Joined in 2007, but lurked for a couple of years before joining! Its been good.

1 - 21 of 34 Posts