Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today marks Allison’s 17 th birthday.
I walked into my local Honda dealer to get some parts for 1984 V65 Sabre,and I went to showroom and sat on her,what a feeling,I said this is me. So I went ahead and purchased her for $12500,I’m quite certain that was the market at the time. To date over 156000 miles of smiles,she owes me nothing.
Just wanted to share that
77542705-9D1F-4F6A-960D-1BA62582B8F4.jpeg
77542705-9D1F-4F6A-960D-1BA62582B8F4.jpeg

·
Registered
421 Posts
I purchased a new VTX 1300 T in 2008 love the bike Thinking about selling it this spring only has 11,000 miles on it just put new tires and seats and a lot of chrome on it

·
Registered
249 Posts
Anything need replacing in 17 years out of the ordinary? I'm hoping to make my '04 1800R last until I die, even bought a Shadow in order to keep the mileage down a little... lol

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything need replacing in 17 years out of the ordinary? I'm hoping to make my '04 1800R last until I die, even bought a Shadow in order to keep the mileage down a little... lol
She’s been pretty good,nothing unusual until recently. It sounds like the cam chain is making a little noise,it could be stretched. I pulled the motor last year,and I only took out the tensioners,and they seemed fine. It could be worn guides as well,but I didn’t want to go that deep. The reason for that is the cost,I could just replace the motor with an eBay motor for the cost of tearing it down. But I still hump on her,she runs awesome,just a little jingle on decelerations. I’m actually thinking about letting her go pretty cheap for what she is. I just don’t have the time to keep up with her anymore:(

·
Registered
249 Posts
She’s been pretty good,nothing unusual until recently. It sounds like the cam chain is making a little noise,it could be stretched. I pulled the motor last year,and I only took out the tensioners,and they seemed fine. It could be worn guides as well,but I didn’t want to go that deep. The reason for that is the cost,I could just replace the motor with an eBay motor for the cost of tearing it down. But I still hump on her,she runs awesome,just a little jingle on decelerations. I’m actually thinking about letting her go pretty cheap for what she is. I just don’t have the time to keep up with her anymore:(
Over 150,000 miles is good for a Vtwin... I guess it's hard to match a GoldWing for longevity? I'm gonna shoot for a few more miles before I call it quits!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Glad to hear another one with 100,000+ miles. There are a few of us in the club. Hans is way up there near 200K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts