Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left work and notice this lady bug hanging on the edge of my windshield. I started to reach up and flick it off but figured what the heck let'im ride right? I got up to speeds from 50 -70 mph and this little guy just hunkered down and hung on. Kept thinking he would bail each time I came to a light or stop sign, but instead he'd get up and stretch his legs a while and explore. Then when the wind stream started getting too high he'd tuck back around the back side and settle in.

I finall got to the house, parked it and as soon as I cut the engine he moves up to the edge like I hacked him off and flew off like he was looking for more action. . .

That little dude was tough - coarse I do have an orange bike - maybe he/she was just in love. . . :shock:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Hangman, are you a lonely guy?

jk man

I figured this thread would be about being beaned with a monster june bug, which seems to really p!$$ me off.

·
Registered
841 Posts
hangman said:
Left work and notice this lady bug hanging on the edge of my windshield...
That little dude was tough - coarse I do have an orange bike - maybe he/she was just in love. . . :shock:
You don't happen to have these on your bike?

...I'm thinking mating ritual.

·
Registered
487 Posts
sounded like a biker bug instead of a lady bug LOL :lol:

x2c

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I had a this happen to me a few times before too except it was with a little black spider. I spotted this little sucker on the edge of my left mirror so instead of flicking him off while on the freeway and risk him launching on my face I let him stay. So, I get tooling along around 70-80 thinking I'm gonna lose him. Nope. He clung there like glue. Go to work, when I went to leave work there were spider webs on my bike and there he is again, this time I just squished him. Tenacious little freak.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I had a chamelion hitch a 60 mile ride one time.

Left my garage - where he had climbed on unnoticed - rode 30 miles, stopped, looked down behind me at the top of the rear shock and saw him (nearly had heart failure when I spotted him looking up at me with those goofy, aren't-looking-the-same-direction eyes of his!!! :shock: Like something out of Jurrasic Park, except only 3 inches plus tail). Got off and tried to shoo him off the bike, but he retreated under the fender.

Was gone into a business maybe 15 mintes, looked for the lil' bugger & didn't see him, got on and rode home. When I got back in the garage, there he was again, peeking up at me from the rear shock. Gave the little guy a thumbs up & a grin, and went inside the house. Haven't ever seen him again. :D

(Wonder if he tells this same story to HIS little friends!)

·
Registered
756 Posts
hangman said:
Left work and notice this lady bug hanging on the edge of my windshield. I started to reach up and flick it off but figured what the heck let'im ride right? I got up to speeds from 50 -70 mph and this little guy just hunkered down and hung on. Kept thinking he would bail each time I came to a light or stop sign, but instead he'd get up and stretch his legs a while and explore. Then when the wind stream started getting too high he'd tuck back around the back side and settle in.

I finall got to the house, parked it and as soon as I cut the engine he moves up to the edge like I hacked him off and flew off like he was looking for more action. . .

Hey Hangman,

Do you contemplate your navel in the shower too... :) :) :)

George

1 - 7 of 7 Posts