Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Florida can have five different boards anr PA is Larger than Florida, in all honesty the guys from Pit area aren't coming to Phila and visa-versa, can't PA have an eastern, central, and western board? There are too many rides to keep track of the whole state.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
look at the number of posts on the florida boards verses the number in the pa board. that's probably why they have five
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,582 Posts
Yea, I guess it's not the actual physical size of the state, but the number of posters or posts at least. I would have liked to have been the moderator and made 3 stickies to keep up top, one for each area, but the powers that be do not have moderators for the state boards nor do they have stickys :cry:

Sorry.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,894 Posts
Boy John,
That would be great if we have 3 stickys up top...not that this a hard board to read.

I try to put the western ride or such on my posts. Just so no one misses out.
 
G

·
I don't like the idea of 3 boards in PA.
We (eastern) just had a M&G at the Bloomsburg QS&L which was inspired by the western guys posting about Quaker State.
We had fun and EVERYone was invited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
I don't know what you mean by "too many rides". What rides? Traffic on this board for the size of the state is miniscule. During off season it is practically nonexistent. I once suggested to have a non-brand specific riding board for PA. No need to fragment ourselves.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,894 Posts
Shredder,
I myself have looked around to see if there were some boards for local riders that wasnt "branded".....I didnt find too much.

It is nice to ride with "x"ers... but we are limited to that.

It would be nice to see a pa riders board...for bikers....might meet some new folks and ridewith some differant groups.

Any site you have found to be god let me know...always looking for new riding buddies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
They are all about segregation in the South!!! We here in PA all welcome one another no matter what part of the State you are from...as long as it isn't Cleveland, OH.

LOL, jk I never been to Cleveland. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the replies, it's just I live near Phila and I am not driving 5 hours to Pitts for a ride and back in 1 day. I am sure the guys in Pitts feal the same way. Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,582 Posts
Rydehyde said:
Thank you all for the replies, it's just I live near Phila and I am not driving 5 hours to Pitts for a ride and back in 1 day. I am sure the guys in Pitts feal the same way. Thanks again.
Who knows... someone just might have the urge to come to Philly to join in a ride. Ya never know. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,175 Posts
eastPA said:
I don't like the idea of 3 boards in PA.
We (eastern) just had a M&G at the Bloomsburg QS&L which was inspired by the western guys posting about Quaker State.
We had fun and EVERYone was invited.
+1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Rydehyde said:
If Florida can have five different boards anr PA is Larger than Florida,
Just for clarification - Florida is larger than PA. They also probably have a lot more riders since it's an all year riding climate.

Personally I like to hear what the Western guys and gals are doing and The Eastern and Central group have merged on the last two rides as EastPA has mentioned. JMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
Shredder said:
I don't know what you mean by "too many rides". What rides? Traffic on this board for the size of the state is miniscule. During off season it is practically nonexistent. I once suggested to have a non-brand specific riding board for PA. No need to fragment ourselves.
Yeah, I agree....but there are alot of Xriders out there but dont know about this Board, etc. But I still agree with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GreenVTX said:
Rydehyde said:
If Florida can have five different boards anr PA is Larger than Florida,
Just for clarification - Florida is larger than PA. They also probably have a lot more riders since it's an all year riding climate.

Personally I like to hear what the Western guys and gals are doing and The Eastern and Central group have merged on the last two rides as EastPA has mentioned. JMO
Thank You and I stand corrected. PA with 44K and change sq. mi and Fl around 54K and change. I should have done my homework.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Rydehyde said:
GreenVTX said:
Rydehyde said:
If Florida can have five different boards anr PA is Larger than Florida,
Just for clarification - Florida is larger than PA. They also probably have a lot more riders since it's an all year riding climate.

Personally I like to hear what the Western guys and gals are doing and The Eastern and Central group have merged on the last two rides as EastPA has mentioned. JMO
Thank You and I stand corrected. PA with 44K and change sq. mi and Fl around 54K and change. I should have done my homework.
We still have more Wawa's in PA though :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
The Western PA riders seem to have alot more going on.

We need to increase the ride activity level in the East.

Anybody going to Gettyburg this weekend? I'm planning to go either Sat or Sun whichever has the least rain in the forecast.
 
G

·
Scotto said:
The Western PA riders seem to have alot more going on.

We need to increase the ride activity level in the East.

Anybody going to Gettyburg this weekend? I'm planning to go either Sat or Sun whichever has the least rain in the forecast.
A friend is showing his bike in Boyertown, don't think I'll make Getty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Is there also an event in Boyertown this weekend?
A friend is showing his bike in Boyertown, don't think I'll make Getty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,894 Posts
The Western PA riders seem to have alot more going on.

Thats funny , we always say about how noone out this way does a damn thing......woow you guys out that way must never do anything at all.


I think the key is ,at least for me when iam putting something together, i email all the guys in the area and tel them a time and a place, then they feel invited. I know I ve got great turn outs for rides and such by make a few calls and sending some emails out.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top