Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think I checked into the Wierd side of the universe. Wierd is ok. But the one hand rule is not for real discussion. I can think of a number of very rude things to say about what the fellow does with his hands.

But we're sophistaced, polite, intelligent folks who also ride. We're not a group of moronic, instigating, lonely hearts who need attention.

We come here to share also with the morons about our vroom-vrooms.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,271 Posts
I can't believe this thread has gone on so long. As if anyone who's ridden for more than an hour or two at a time would have to defend the idea of resting a hand or arm. Or just plain decides to add a little more risk to the inherent risk of riding a two wheel vehicle down the road, by taking the chance to "pose" with one hand hanging down or setting in his lap. Just because it's comfortable. Hmmm, I wonder why riders do this when there's not a soul in sight to witness his "coolness".

Makes me wonder if the OP rests his hands at 10 and 2 on his cage's wheel and never takes his eyes off the road for any reason. Or what he would do if riding a bike with a petcock that he forgot to turn on before he took off. I guess just pull in the clutch and coast to a stop on the side of the road where he could "safely" remove a hand to flip it on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's obvious from your dismissive attitude to those that disagree with you, that you asked the question in an attempt to look smart rather than to learn something. I guess that makes YOU the poser. I will enlighten you. Many riders, for various reasons, have hands, legs and feet that start tingling or go to sleep when in a fixed position for varying lengths of time. Changing positions helps the lower extremities but removing the afflicted hand from the handlebars is usually the only way to restore the feeling. Having a fully functional hand is much safer than keeping a numb and useless one on the handlebars. So try to remember the world isn't "all about you". There are others here and they are all different.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't have a throttle lock or cruise control so i steer, throttle with my left hand and rest my right one. With both spoked rims sealed,darkside, no helmet, and get this ,,,,,,i did inhale,,a lot . But like said before,, that's better than trying to control this beast with numb tingling hands.

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
This is much better than talking about our crotches. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
OK,
Balls, crotches, concrete, one hand, long rides, motor oil, the wave, sealed spoked rims, inhaled, darkside, no helmet, tingling body parts, tires, fuel, air pressure, and on and on but do we need to cover in a thread like the picture in post #35 ?

RIDING WITH NO HANDS

I have some stories on this but don't really want to share. Kind of like the most people you had on one bike on New Years eve in the snow because ran out of beer. More stories from the long ago past. No fear when you are young.>:)

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
You're just jealous that my crotch is cooler than yours...
I admit it, I am.

Doesn’t cooling cause shrinkage? :dontknow:

·
Registered
16,073 Posts
I've had 2 shoulder surgeries on my left shoulder. I ride like that a lot. Never had an issue. Guns are dangerous also as is riding MC's. Mocking people can be hazardous to ones health

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
This is much better than talking about our crotches.
You're just jealous that my crotch is cooler than yours...
You could always just wear a maxi pad as a heat shield. It’ll also do double duty for when your vagina bleeds. ?

·
Old Goat
24,436 Posts
You could always just wear a maxi pad as a heat shield. It’ll also do double duty for when your vagina bleeds. ?
U went there...:thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
Not even close. :D

This is basically a bunch of juvenile boys making fart jokes.

Damn funny fart jokes. :thumbup:

·
Registered
679 Posts
I've had 2 shoulder surgeries on my left shoulder. I ride like that a lot. Never had an issue. Guns are dangerous also as is riding MC's. Mocking people can be hazardous to ones health

Had both of mine put back together. I also will switch hands alot, sometimes no hands if my back is bothering me and I have to pop my back. Or if I have to open my flask

41 - 60 of 76 Posts