Honda VTX Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
You mean we're supposed to use our hands to ride? I thought people did that out of convenience.
It's very apparent that bikes don't even need us around, let alone need both hands on the handlebars...

·
Registered
2,658 Posts

·
Registered
12,051 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
That has got to be remote-controlled. No way the bike moves back and forth by itself.
It's Terminator XXVII, the machines are taking over!!! :badabing:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the original poster was talking about the inexperienced, millennial, riders that ride one handed for the, so called, cool look. I see them all the time and they aren't resting an arm or hand...they are trying to fit in. There's a huge difference from resting an arm or recirculation in a hand vs. the goofy hand position on the leg/hip. I've never been one to care about fitting in. The way I look at things they should try to mirror me because I damn sure don't care what they think is cool. I've earned the Iron Butt award more than once and, yes, I've rested and re-circulated most parts of my body during long rides but never to be cool.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Car tires are dangerous, helmets save lives, Only use diesel oil its better and cheaper, always use condoms. &&%%$***** The one thing I like about motorcycles is if I do something stupid most likely I will only hurt myself. Should I force any of you to wear a helmet? He&&%% no I take away your right for abortion you take away my guns. Let people express there love of all two wheels how ever they want. The safety police will not take away the pure thrill of far exceeding the speed limit Its my life my ticket. Isn't the thrill, part of the ride? one handed or two? Rock N Roll Baby. Fu^^% em if they cant take a joke

There were no actual cuss words harmed in this video

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
>:)

[HighSpeedWobble video
Watching that video of the guy dropping his Harley when it got the front end wobble, and in the video it pointed out how he had it over loaded on the back end was at-least partly to blame for the wobble, it reminded me of in 2013 I was riding home on the return side of a trip to Corpus Christi, Texas. I was heading north on I-25 about 75 miles north of Las Cruces. I was in the left lane doing about 80 and passed a Harley going about 45mph in the right lane. That Harley was overloaded on the back to an extreme that I've never seen before or since, and being ridden by a real small lady. I passed her thinking she's gonna get herself run over moving that slow on this fast pace stretch of interstate, both lanes were moving 75 to 85. When I got to Los Lunas, I made a gas and gatorade stop and found a shady spot in the store parking lot to sit and rest a while as I drank some cool gatorade. Just as I was getting ready to take off, that lady on the harley pulled into to gas up. As she went over that little piece of curbing at the parking lot entrance, that tiny little bump made the entire load fall off the back of her bike. I was tired and wanted to get home, but stayed long enough to help her pickup all her things before they got run over. I told her loading all of that stuff back on that bike was a bad idea and got on to her pretty hard about how she could have caused a serious accident and possibly gotten someone killed had that load fallen off on the Interstate. But she loaded it all back on and continued on her way. Below is what it looked like after she re-loaded it. Note the left front turn signal and driving light. The saddle bags were stuffed so full that there was about 5 feet of a long scarf hanging out of the right side dragging the pavement. The label on the windshield is 'titties to the wind'. Keep in mind this bike has no sissy bar, back rest. Nothing sticking up vertically to secure the load to.

·
Registered
286 Posts
This picture reminds me of the expression "everything but the kitchen sink" though in this case I bet it is inside one of the bags.

But let's be fair.
This is a Harley and these bags may contain all the spare parts she needs to make it home.

Or, all the parts she found along the road over the last one hundred miles.
We will never know.

·
Old Goat
24,079 Posts
thats the only way my old azz could ever do a wheelie....:grin2: .....

61 - 76 of 76 Posts