Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k bought exhaust from someone that had been sitting up for 6 to 8 months. Had them on the bike for about two weeks. I was just wondering about a breakin time? Has a strong, not quite but almost rich smell. I haven't done the de-smog pair removal yet(and that prob. doesn't matter anyway), Just got Pete's plates in the mail. The smell is not bad enough to make your eyes water but is strong enough for someone riding behind to notice.
Any genuine suggestions please...

:wink:

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
They are going to smell a little just because of the fewwer restrictions inside aftermarket exhausts. The gasses&smell of fuel will get eaten somewhat inside a stock muffler, and that doesn't happen with the others. If it is a lot, then you may be richer than you want to be. 8)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuel adjustment?

Spike I have read that the engine or EFI will adjust itself(somewhat for the open pipes. Will it do so automatically or does it need to be reset, maybe remove batt. anything?

·
Registered
371 Posts
The stock unit is pre-set and will not change itself nor can you adjust it. If you wish to make adjustment an after mkt, fuel management system is needed.

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
That is still an "Unknown". Some say it does reset if the battery is disconnected for a while, others say it doesn't. Doing so certainly wouldn't hurt anything. 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts