Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I recharged my air filter so it was dripping slightly so I have been putting a rag down on the engine to catch the drips.

I take off to work this morning and around a the second stop I start smelling something...light changes, I hop on the freeway. Another stop, it dawns on me that I left the rag on the engine. Light changes, I finally get to work...theres the rag burning and smoking like crazy. The underside is blackened and the bike stinks but no real damage. I couldn't help but laugh thinking about the sight which might have been pretty interesting from behind me flaming down the road. I won't do that again.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Woooo... Sounds like you got lucky. Careful doing that stuff. Gla everything is ok!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Fire

Wow we need to keep the Orange flame bikes in tact. There aren't many of us :p

I'm glad to hear that everything is all right.

·
Registered
346 Posts
So I'm driving west on Rt. 2 through Willoughby and smell something burning........ That you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't mean to "rag" on ya.........
Glad there was no damage.

·
Registered
968 Posts
customed1300 said:
Woooo... Sounds like you got lucky. Careful doing that stuff. Gla everything is ok!
Good looking bug you got there, what year is it?
Clif

·
Registered
249 Posts
I responded to a truck fire last year and we found the remains of a wash mitt between the bed and the cab that had caught fire---torched the entire rig. The guy had a brand new truck and had just come from the car wash. Evidently the attendant lost the mitt and didn't want to go to the trouble getting it out. Costly mistake for his company. :roll:

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Reminds me of all the times I've popped my hood to check my oil and forgotten to relatch it (I'd get busy and never go back to check the oil). I've had two hoods fly up on me, scaring the s**t out of me and wrecking two perfectly good Dodge Omnis.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts