Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about putting this fender on, with a Radiantz light about 4 inches from the bottom.
Give me some feedback. Hate it...love it...keep the stocker, whatever. I haven't bought it yet, so lay it on me.

Fender:
http://www.xtremerevolution.com/sto...productid=17&CategoryID=3&SectionID=0&gvid=67

The fender does not come with a light, so I plan on using this one, it will go where the horizontal one is in the picture. I may or may not French it in.

http://www.xtremerevolution.com/sto...d=1&productid=13701&CategoryID=28&SectionID=0

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Bruce
That fender loks ok.Not much longer than stock.The light would be cool.What have you decided for your pipes ?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ken,
The reason I want to go with a new fender is I want to get rid of the taillight. For what it would cost in filling in the hole (correctly) I could buy the new fender. Plus I can make some money back from selling the old one with the taillight...which is LED with a clear lens.
Still undecided on the pipes. Once the bike is done, then I'll decide on what to do. The Sideburners might look good, but who knows.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
The fender would tuck the rear tire pretty good with your setup Bruce, but the tail light may look nicer if you can get one from Custom Dynamics and let it fit on the bottom edge of the fender....very smooth/slick and I know that CD is proud of them based on the price but I like them a lot.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
The fender would tuck the rear tire pretty good with your setup Bruce, but the tail light may look nicer if you can get one from Custom Dynamics and let it fit on the bottom edge of the fender....very smooth/slick and I know that CD is proud of them based on the price but I like them a lot.

What he said LOL.:agree::firstplace::lol:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Happy New Years to All NC riders!
Here's to a new beginning!!!!!!

jp

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I think your talking about the wrap around LEDs? Like what comes stock on the Victory M/C? The reason I think that is because you weren't kind enough to provide a link! :dontknow: CP has...maybe...a 100 or so different lights.
Wrap around LED's.
I don't know if the fender comes with a lip. If it didn't, I would have to weld one on to make those lights work. I had the Radiantz ones and though it looks good in pictures, it looks kinda cheezy in real life. IMO. (On a stock C fender, the lights stick out past the fenders edge)
The Afterburnerz give it a old school look.
But if they don't look good, I can always send them back.
Besides everything is on order and should be here on the 7th.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I think your talking about the wrap around LEDs? Like what comes stock on the Victory M/C? The reason I think that is because you weren't kind enough to provide a link! :dontknow: CP has...maybe...a 100 or so different lights.
Wrap around LED's.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

ok here lemme carry you some more, man my back is hurting,.....:D

http://www.customdynamics.com/honda-vtx_motorcycle_led_turn_signal_lights.htm

I really like the look of those and you may be able to use the various ones they offer to make a red and amber bar combination to suit you....I always liked the way those were made and thought to suggest them.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok here lemme carry you some more, man my back is hurting,.....:D

http://www.customdynamics.com/honda-vtx_motorcycle_led_turn_signal_lights.htm

I really like the look of those and you may be able to use the various ones they offer to make a red and amber bar combination to suit you....I always liked the way those were made and thought to suggest them.:thumbup:
I like those because of the mounting bracket. I don't know if it will work because the Thrasher fender is a bit wider than the stocker.
I need to see the Afterburnerz (Black bezel with clear lens) and see how they will look and if it doesn't suit me, then I may just run a light off the license plate and leave the fender bare.

Anybody ride today? Kinda breezy...not to mention cold. :lol:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hey bruce
Thought about riding now its getting chilly.Should have went around noon.Got busy mcgivering my stock exhaust and a truck tip.Check it out.Hows your ride comming togather?:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All my parts should be in on the 7th. Once I mount the new fender and wire the lights, then it will be stripped.
I been riding my wifes Spirit 750. I know just about anything on two wheels can smoke me, so I just cruise.
Not like the X....triple digits at least once on every ride. :yikes:

You know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
All my parts should be in on the 7th. Once I mount the new fender and wire the lights, then it will be stripped.
I been riding my wifes Spirit 750. I know just about anything on two wheels can smoke me, so I just cruise.
Not like the X....triple digits at least once on every ride. :yikes:

You know what I'm talking about.
Sure do every time I go for a ride gotta hammer it once:yikes:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey Ken,
The reason I want to go with a new fender is I want to get rid of the taillight. For what it would cost in filling in the hole (correctly) I could buy the new fender. Plus I can make some money back from selling the old one with the taillight...which is LED with a clear lens.
Still undecided on the pipes. Once the bike is done, then I'll decide on what to do. The Sideburners might look good, but who knows.
Bruce, what would you be looking to get for your stock fender? I've been thinking about putting some more light out from my taillight and turnsignals the way the N fender sits on my bike it points at the ground a little so the lights don't shine straight out the back. I've been thinking about maybe actually mounting a "C" taillight with the integrated LED turn signals on my N fender to give more light straight behind me, but may just switch to a C fender instead.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rob,
I got the LED taillight (run, stop and turnsignals) with housing and the fender.

What do you want?

You got first dibs.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Rob,
I got the LED taillight (run, stop and turnsignals) with housing and the fender.

What do you want?

You got first dibs.
I didn't know you painted it yet. It looks good from that far away sig pic. Any closer pics? Is that the old stock VTX uranium green?
I think I'm going to keep the N fender, I just can't give that look up, however I may take your taillight assembly and mount it on the N fender. I'm just not sure how it'd look? I may just try to rotate the N fender up a bit in the back so the taillight is aimed the way it should be. I'll be home for some leave in June and will be going to the annual Sabre ride/rally in Va, I may stop by before I load the bike up to see how it'd look if you don't mind holding it until then. If you have somebody that wants it before that I could figure something else out.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The taillight is yours. Since you don't want the fender, I put that up for sale. I know you have a thing for flames...I have a pair of these, if you want them.

I don't know how you would mount them on your forks, but I don't need them anymore.

Dodge Neon Green. Six coats of clear, the graphics is marbled and pin striped using Alsa Corp. Hawaiian Hue paint. The glow in the dark is made by Alsa Corp. as well.

I got an e-mail from you, can you access your mail from there? If not, send me your G-mail and I'll send you pics from work.

Keep your head low and be safe.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hey Bruce
i might need some clear coat done on my bike.Think your son would want the job?The paint spot sanded and buffed she said:roll:.there is still dirt and orange peel in my paint.And even less clear coat than before.Paint looks like hell.Needs more clear for sure.Let me know.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll ask him, but he is pretty booked up right now. He got a crotch rocket tore down, then he has some more work on mine to do. I'm going to black out spark plug and brake master cylinder covers and some other stuff.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The taillight is yours. Since you don't want the fender, I put that up for sale. I know you have a thing for flames...I have a pair of these, if you want them.

I don't know how you would mount them on your forks, but I don't need them anymore.

Dodge Neon Green. Six coats of clear, the graphics is marbled and pin striped using Alsa Corp. Hawaiian Hue paint. The glow in the dark is made by Alsa Corp. as well.

I got an e-mail from you, can you access your mail from there? If not, send me your G-mail and I'll send you pics from work.

Keep your head low and be safe.
I can get to gmail here after 1800, I can't get to my regular usmc account, we have deployed accounts out here.

Hold on to those fork flames until June and I'll see if I can use them somewhere, somehow.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts