Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 2004 VTX for sale in my local Craig's List. An awesome deal at $4650 with only 3494 miles! I had to check it out and was amazed to see the owner kept the original gas tank warning sticker on the tank (see image).

I had to share both the awesome deal on a super low miles VTX 1300C, and that the tag is still on it. These tags are the first thing I take off a bike, so hard for me to understand why someone would be OK with it ugly-fying the bike. Next, why would you buy a bike and not ride it?

local Craigslist

·
Registered
154 Posts
The Little Ole Lady from Pasadena?

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
HOP, thank God for people like this that eat the depreciation so some lucky guy or gal gets a great ride for a great price. I see this all the time with boats also. They spend a fortune to have a drive way or trailer queen and sell it virtually unused for a huge loss. I do agree though, those things would go. Hell I even covered the frame sticker with the model and serial numbers. I did not want to remove it, but instead covered it with a piece of black vinyl.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
We, view bikes differently than most people. Who cares what sticker is or is not on your vacuum cleaner cord. Our bikes are 'our' bikes. To others they are just another 'appliance'. Not bad or good, just different. For me, I love motorcycles. Probably spend way to much time thinking about/riding/working on them but, it's been that way for along time and I aint expecting any big time changes in the near future. LOL.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hell I even covered the frame sticker with the model and serial numbers. I did not want to remove it, but instead covered it with a piece of black vinyl.
HA! I did exactly the same thing.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I remember I removed the gas tank sticker soon after I got my new bike home. At the time my concern about the sticker was if I left it on the tank over time the sun would bake it into the paint making it more difficult to remove later and possibly damaging the paint trying to remove it later.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
the day after I ride my bike home from the dealership ( NEW BIKE )
I disassembled half the bike..
removed all stickers and glue on logo's.

I have done this every motorcycle I owned since 1975

Reactions: Capt. Rory

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
There is a 2004 VTX for sale in my local Craig's List. An awesome deal at $4650 with only 3494 miles! I had to check it out and was amazed to see the owner kept the original gas tank warning sticker on the tank (see image).

I had to share both the awesome deal on a super low miles VTX 1300C, and that the tag is still on it. These tags are the first thing I take off a bike, so hard for me to understand why someone would be OK with it ugly-fying the bike. Next, why would you buy a bike and not ride it?

local Craigslist
I find it refreshing :)

Just like the smell of steak grilling makes one salivate, the Tank sticker makes on think "unmolested", "New". 😁

Like the color too, that Orange is also refreshing.

I knew i got a good deal on my last VTX purchashed January 2017 (3.5 years go), 12.5K mi, Mint for $4K
Now 3.5 years later a bike 3 years older (2004) is asking $4.6K, granted few miles, but both are low.
It's like the market price of the VTX has not dropped in 3.5 years (my seller was asking 4.7K back then.).
As i recall from when i was looking back then i paid a little below market price.

It's backasswards :oops:

Not saying it aint a nice bike, but...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

local Craigslist

Here's one not quite so "refreshing" .
It's way up north, but I've seen numerous unused 1300's.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have a 2008 VTX1300 T with new tires Ultimate Low Rider Seat front and back lots of extras with 10'000 miles on it don't get a chance to ride anymore interested in selling it

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I have a 2008 VTX1300 T with new tires Ultimate Low Rider Seat front and back lots of extras with 10'000 miles on it don't get a chance to ride anymore interested in selling it
I'm interested in hearing about the bike, seeing a few pics etc.

·
Registered
665 Posts
the day after I ride my bike home from the dealership ( NEW BIKE )
I disassembled half the bike..

I have done this every motorcycle I owned since 1975
I don't know how well earlier Honda's were assembled when new. When I got my 04' Honda new, I found it was well put together and assembled when new. The only things I adjusted was the clutch, handle bar and levers/mirrors to my liking. I gave my bike a good look after I got it home, never had anything come loose. The quality of early 2000's Honda's motorcycles was very good.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just picked up an 06 1800N that has 15k miles, the guy I bought it from had it 3 years and only put 1k on it. Before I found it, there was a guy that had an 06 1800R with 1600 miles on it. He was the original owner and bought it but lived downtown ATL so he just never rode and decided to finally sell it. It is basically stock (the one I got was 1300 less and already had upgraded seat, pipes, engine guard, highway pegs, saddle bags, etc.)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Look in the back round of the picture. Looks like the guy has plenty of toys to keep busy and I am guessing there are more not in the picture. I put about 2500 miles a year on my bikes but that is shared between two or three I might get 5000 if I have time off work and no family obligations. Doesn't mean I don't like to ride.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Here's one not quite so "refreshing" .
It's way up north, but I've seen numerous unused 1300's.

That's the "I'm selling the bike honey" price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reactions: smurfy71

·
Registered
36 Posts
Removing that sticker may cause a tree to grow up through it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Back when he bought the bike new they were selling them off for around $8000, so a lot of folks just bought them for the price point...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts