Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as we all sit around with little to do - and I see a lot more of you online recently - maybe we can post up some jokes or funny short stories or something to keep everyone smiling through the holidays.

Many of you probably ready my racoon story. Maybe you have a similar story to tell? True or not - go ahead and tell it.

So here's one for ya.........My best friend, Bruce (the long-haul truck driver I often mention) got a load up here so he could stop and tell his friends and family Merry Christmas. He got in yesterday after driving through snow and the mountains for 2 days and called in advance to let me know he was having problems with the lights on the trailer. So he stops in over at his parents' place about a mile from where we live and he got stuck in the snow on the side of the street. I had to go pull him out with Karen's Jeep. Then he came over to our house and we started working on the trailer light problem. We worked on that from about 4:00 in the afternoon until nearly 2:00 in the morning. Finally got it fixed. He fired up the truck to recharge the batteries and get her warmed up and after about 5-10 minutes of running we heard what sounded like a canon being fired. One of the air bags on the trailer blew out and the air was leaking bigtime. We got the air bag circumvented after waking everyone in the entire neighborhood) and he went to pull out and he was stuck right in front of our house.

Well - that's where he spent the night - in the truck - in front of our house. It took another hour or so to chisel out all the snow and ice around the tires and he put some salt down last night. After a little rocking & rolling this morning he finally got on his way.

I hope he - and everyone here - has a safe & Merry Christmas with friends, family, and loved ones..........

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wow, surprised he is still safe....sounds like everything was working against him there for a while!!

I would tell funny stories, but most make me look stupid, mostly cause they are true and I do stupid things!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hey Keevin I'm waiting for the punch line.:mad::mad::mad::mad:.. Have a Very Merry CHRISTmas, Bob

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
And then one of our dear Racoons came running out from under the trailer. We assumed he had been scared to death by the blast of the bag blowing out. Strange though, as he ran away I swore his ears were gone and I saw blood. I dismised it as an illusion of lights and snow and we went to investigate the sorce of the blast. Hearing the hiss of air escaping from the bag made it easy to identify it as the sorce. I grabed my flashlight to get a better look and couldn't belive what I saw. The air bag appeared to have been chewed threw by an animal. The signs were hard to dismiss. and the blood and two ears laying on the snow was proof enough. I wonder if he has any wiskers left. Damd Racoons :popcorn:

Good enough for you Bob? There's your punch line.
Keevin, hope you don't mind my theft of the racoons. Lee

PS No Racoons were harmed in the making of this story.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I now feel complete. You two ought to team up and make a career out of this.:D:D Think I'll go feed the raccoons now. Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts