Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few (maybe more) members of this community who are passionate carnivores. Lately, while working in downtown Seattle, I've been visiting a little hole-in-the-wall barbeque joint for lunch. The name of this establishment: Hole In The Wall BBQ. It's on James St. between 2nd and 3rd - the same block as the Smith Tower.
They have limited fare - chicken, pork, beef and sausage sandwiches. They have sides of beans, cornbread and slaw. They don't measure portions when piling the meat on a sandwich and they're not shy.
Their sandwiches are $6.75 tax included.
Also (and this is a big deal with some folks), they provide a Moist Towelette. You will need it.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
There are a few (maybe more) members of this community who are passionate carnivores. Lately, while working in downtown Seattle, I've been visiting a little hole-in-the-wall barbeque joint for lunch. The name of this establishment: Hole In The Wall BBQ. It's on James St. between 2nd and 3rd - the same block as the Smith Tower.
They have limited fare - chicken, pork, beef and sausage sandwiches. They have sides of beans, cornbread and slaw. They don't measure portions when piling the meat on a sandwich and they're not shy.
Their sandwiches are $6.75 tax included.
Also (and this is a big deal with some folks), they provide a Moist Towelette. You will need it.
Damn if that don't sound like my kind of place, I will be looking for this eating hole :bowdown:

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
Also make sure to try Pecos Pit just north of Lander on 1st Ave near the old Sears store. Just avoid the hot sauce, it's hot ;)

If you're in Bellevue you should try Dixie's BBQ. Both are very unique and have their own basic fare. Dixies has to die for lemon Cake :doorag:

·
Banned
11,318 Posts
Also make sure to try Pecos Pit just north of Lander on 1st Ave near the old Sears store. Just avoid the hot sauce, it's hot ;)

If you're in Bellevue you should try Dixie's BBQ. Both are very unique and have their own basic fare. Dixies has to die for lemon Cake :doorag:
I met "THE MAN"!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
"THE MAN"!!!:thumbup:
i have heard about this sauce is there anyway to get some shipped down here? the hottest stuff i had was 2 years ago at the rib cook off in sparks, NV. i couldnt taste anything for about an hour, and i am no lightweight with hot food.
ok hi-jack over.:D

·
Registered
798 Posts
I see a destination for a ride this spring in the works:eat1::eat1::eat1::pepper1::eat2:

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
i have heard about this sauce is there anyway to get some shipped down here? the hottest stuff i had was 2 years ago at the rib cook off in sparks, NV. i couldnt taste anything for about an hour, and i am no lightweight with hot food.
ok hi-jack over.:D
Send me your addy Jason and I'll get you some in the next week or so. They are 2 blocks from my work :doorag:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I met him too, and he beat me like a rented mule. I still break out in a sweat every time I think about those 4 little words I stupidly said "Sure, I'll try it.":yikes:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I met "The Man" a couple of years ago. Ate some right out of that beat up ole pot and thought "What's the big deal? Tastes good, but not that hot!" About 15 minutes later and for the next 4 hours, my mouth reminded me that I'd met "The Man"! Now that's BBQ!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I'm sorry, that is not BBQ, That's torture. :shock: What's so special about not being able to taste the food and having a numb tongue for a while? One drop of that stuff is enough for a few,............Years. Yea, I met the man. And he's taking names and kickin asses. Whooped my butt.

I will say one thing though. I liked RodO's BBQ more than Porters.:D Now there's a BBQ for ya.:doorag: OK Rod, that's your Q. Fire up the grill and let's have a winter time BBQ.:eat1:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hole in the wall has pretty good bbq. There is one just around the corner from where I work here in Eugene as well. Evidently the guy started up there and then moved down here. I think he still owns that one as well....sounds exactly the same. But yeah, excellent grub!! They have a really hot bbq sauce as well, but I don't like hot stuff either just for the sake of hot! Spicy with flavor is good....it doesn't have to remove the paint from my car, just be tasty. Hahaa

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I met "THE MAN"!!! It will put hair on your chest and then burn it off :yikes: If you've been to Bellevue, then you know that "THE WOMAN" (aka Momma) really runs the show. Bring cash to this place. They also make some mean cobbler.

Around the corner from Pecos Pitt is Jones BBQ. A little less burning and good taste.

3 Pigs BBQ in Bellevue is okay.

I'm thinking we need to schedule some BBQ runs this Spring/Summer.

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
Let us not forget the ride destination of Country Boyz near Wenatchee :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts