Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an Ipod. I do not have many CDs to get music from. Is there a way to get music from other peoples ipod?
Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
only way you can transfer music FROM a ipod is to put the music on the hard drive portion of the ipod.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Find the songs you like from other people and have them burn them to CDs, then you can transfer the songs from the CDs to you itune library.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Download ephod - Do a google search, and you can download anything on another ipod.

·
Registered
735 Posts
While it can be done, it is not legal. The music companies expect you to pay the royalty on the songs you choose to put on that Ipod. And the law supports them. There are lawsuits rather frequently where big companies have gone after college kids for stealing music. To me, buying tunes for 99 cents on Itunes seems like a good, safe way to get them. Of course, you can still buy a whole CD and rip it, but why buy the whole CD when you only want one or two of the songs. Itunes lets you buy only what you want, and at a buck a pop, I think it is a good deal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have heard about this site called Limewire :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: But I also heard it may be illegal :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Here's what I do. I have a $10 a month unlimited Napster account. I take the tunes from napster and crank them thru a program called Tunebite. This turns them from a WMA into an MP3. I then use iTunes to put the mp3s on my iPod. Viola, I have a boatload of music.

·
Registered
222 Posts
biker1059 said:
Limewire will corrupt your computer, it did a number on my daughters laptop.
Limewire won't damage or corrupt your computer. Careless downloading will. Limewire is a great tool, but there is so much crap out there you really have to be careful about what you download. I have been using limewire for years, and you just have to know how to recognize what files to stay away from. If I ever download something I'm uncertain about, I just run it through AVG scanner before I open it.

I think a safer way to download stuff is to use a bit torrent client like Bitcomet or something similar. Torrents just seem alot cleaner, and its easier to get whole albums all in one shot, rather than song by song.

Understand, though, that anytime you get music for free, it is illegal. If you're okay with that, then download some stuff and Rock On! :twisted: Aint Piracy fun? Arrrrrggghhh, matey! Shiver me timbers!! :twisted: :twisted:

Good luck,

-Dave

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Morgan Buchanan said:
Here's what I do. I have a $10 a month unlimited Napster account. I take the tunes from napster and crank them thru a program called Tunebite. This turns them from a WMA into an MP3. I then use iTunes to put the mp3s on my iPod. Viola, I have a boatload of music.
THanks

THis is the info I have been looking for. I was not aware that napster was WMA files.

THanks

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I hate itunes!!! :evil: Unless you have an ipod it won't work. I have an mp3 player and tried to get music from itunes and they would work on my computer through my itunes program but I couldn't put them on my player because they are downloaded in m4p format and you can't change them to mp3 or even wma.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have a Zune....which for those that don't know, is Microsoft's version of the iPod.....and I like it a lot. It syncs with Windows operating system and works very well. Music, videos and photos can be loaded onto it. 30gig capacity and you can get music from other sources, rather than just from iTunes. MP3 or WMA work just fine. The only drawback, is that the accesories are harder to find, since it's not as popular yet as the iPod. They are out there, you just have to look for them. At this point, I've found that Comp USA carries more of the accessories than other retail stores.....at least in my area. The Zune also has bluetooth, which lets you share music to other Zunes, at least temporarily......you can play someone else's music that you've downloaded by bluetooth for either 3 plays or 3 days, whichever comes first. It also has a built in FM receiver. You can also connect it to your car ( or bike ) stereo, just like you would an iPod.

http://www.zune.net/en-US/meetzune/

Also, iPod users might want to read this, about the possible future of iTunes....

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/02/busin ... nted=print

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sioux Wolf said:
I hate itunes!!! :evil: Unless you have an ipod it won't work. I have an mp3 player and tried to get music from itunes and they would work on my computer through my itunes program but I couldn't put them on my player because they are downloaded in m4p format and you can't change them to mp3 or even wma.

There are several programs that will convert mp4 to mp3. I haven't used this one but heres a link
to some freeware you could try.

If this doesn't work try tucows or nonaggs.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
When you download a WMA from napster it's got a license attached to it. Tunebite records the sound going thru your sound card, to basically create a new mp3. It doesnt' convert the file. Many programs can't convert a licensed WMA file to an MP3 because they can't play the WMA to do it. Tunebite doesn't care.. you play the WMA thru windows media which looks to napster to get the license, and tunebite just records off your sound card, stripping the license, basically. It's still legal to own until you let your napster subscription end. But at $10 a month for unlimited downloads, I don't see that happening for me.

·
Registered
411 Posts
also look into sharepod. you can rip from an ipod to your hard drive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts