Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went for a nice cruise this weekend. Along our route was a Victory dealership, so we stopped for a break and went in to check out their hardware.

They had a brand new Hammer on the floor - sort of looked like a VTX on steriods. Nice looking bike - especially the fat 250 rear tire. I almost drooled on the bike :wink:

Any opinions/experience on the Hammer?

The price wasn't quite as nice - they wanted over $18K for it. They had it decked out with some extra chrome, but it was still big $$$.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree..the Vics are nice looking bikes...I pondered the VTX and the 8-Ball but vtx won due to price. 8 ball starts at 13K then the dude priced any mods..."pipes...$650, computer re-program for the pipes...$250, blinker fluid...$150, muffler bearings...$250" needless to say I walked out and headed to the Honda dealer...but I'd take a Vic over a Harley anyday.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Their nice bikes and waaay bettter bikes than the first Vics that came out years ago. I put up a post asking,"what would you buy if you didn't get a VTX?" and the Victory bikes were the strong winner .Real eye catchers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are they on Reliability/Quality

Anybody know how they are as far as quality and reliability?

I believe that it is air cooled, but has an oil cooler.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I thought they were alright. when I parked next to one the VTX was much better looking.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Victory

I see their license plate/turn signals are just as ugly as my C is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts