Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other Vance and Hines pipes for the 1300C other than the Big Shots? I was all prepared to buy the K-2's but I keep thinking about how fantastic the Vance and Hines Cruisers sounded on my VLX and I'm leary to buy something else besides V&H. I'd really like a different look than the Big Shots, though. Does V&H make anything else besides the Big Shots for the 1300?

It is such a big purchase and the sound is so important. I still love the looks of the K-2's (and I have long legs, so the rear pipe shouldn't be a problem)...but MAN those V&H's sounded good on the VLX! I heard Cobra's and HardKromes on the VLX, but none compared in sound to the V&H Cruzers. I realize that different bikes/pipes sound different, though - so the VLX comparison probably means nothing.

I'd also like to hear some of the Sampsons on the VTX. I guess I'll remain on the fence until I get to hear some different pipes on the VTX. The money is burning a hole in my pocket, though...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hard krome K-2's

If you like the look of the Hard Krome K-2's, do not be afraid of the sound. I've seen and heard them on a Blake 05 "C"... They were awesome sounding, very deep "Bark". I have HK 2.75 American Classics, and LOVE the look and sound. The K-2's were not available last spring when I bought mine... Obviously it is my opinion, but, the look of your bike is very important. It will not always be blasting out a deep rumble down the road. You want appreciate the look in the Parking lot, along side those Harley's. I am confident you will be proud of the Sound, as well as the Look of the K-2's... Just my $0.02!!!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright Rainman...I just hit the "buy it now" button for the K-2's. I had an ichy trigger finger and you pushed me over the edge. :D They said they had them in stock and I should have them in 1 week. Total cost (including shipping) was $508 from www.Motorcycleproshop.com .

I can't wait. :twisted:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts