·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AWESOME!

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Lee Greenwood was on 'Fox and Friends' this morning (7/3/2020) and sang the song at his home while playing his piano. He solo was good, this was much better!

Joe T.

Reactions: enduro

·
Super Moderator
6,492 Posts
Saw it for the first time yesterday with the Air Force members. Gave me chills. I'd love to hear that playing from every radio station.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Point one, Nice harmonizing, faultless. Point two, I mean no disrespect to anyone or any country, just expressing an opinion. Point three, as a person living in another society I struggle with this American concept of patriotism. Sure, I love my country, but like most I share it with, the level of patriotism is way down the scale compared to yourselves. It seems a little like self ego massaging and the constant reminding yourselves of your freedom just sounds a little like sheep flocking. If this was China doing the same things I would be worried they were trying to train their citizens and exercise mind control. There is no doubt at all that you guys live in a great country full of mostly good people so don't be offended by my opinion. Where ever you are on the planet, enjoy your day.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Point one, Nice harmonizing, faultless. Point two, I mean no disrespect to anyone or any country, just expressing an opinion. Point three, as a person living in another society I struggle with this American concept of patriotism. Sure, I love my country, but like most I share it with, the level of patriotism is way down the scale compared to yourselves. It seems a little like self ego massaging and the constant reminding yourselves of your freedom just sounds a little like sheep flocking. If this was China doing the same things I would be worried they were trying to train their citizens and exercise mind control. There is no doubt at all that you guys live in a great country full of mostly good people so don't be offended by my opinion. Where ever you are on the planet, enjoy your day.
I understand your not fully understanding American patriotism. Understandable as it is unique in this world. How the US became the US is rather unique in history. Those freedoms celebrated daily were indeed hard won. So it's not ego stoking it's more a celebration and remembrance of their freedoms with an understanding that those freedoms are in constant peril.

I think most accurately, if you have to ask about American patriotism, you'll likely not get it. It's something, I believe you have to experience and be a part of. This is just the views of the neighbor to the north, but our country could use a patriotism infusion, to defend the freedoms our own government flippantly plays with. Europeans largely don't get it either, thinking it's rather pompous, but that view, in my opinion, is rather simplistic and doesn't see the bigger picture.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Your right, I, like the rest of the world don't get it. No harm meant.
And no one should be offended by others not getting it. It simply is what it is.

Reactions: rangers4u and lofty

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
:).....Sky News Australia.

Reactions: RBS and Harkon

·
Registered
814 Posts
Well well doc, I don't disagree at all with what this man is saying. However, Alan Jones (the speaker) who has in the last fortnight finally retired at 81 although he claims to be 78 has been a mouthpiece for any controversy that will keep him in the big money Sydney spotlight. The radio station he works for is tired of being sued and have quietly given him the ole heave ho. I would no more consider CNN a reliable news source than I would Sky News. Our govt funded ABC broadcasting is a leftie channel and it sort of cancels out SKY channel. Like all media, believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. Good luck to those who have pride in their country and may a little bit of it rub off on Australians. It would do us no harm. Until it does my countrymen will have the "She will be right mate, no worries" easy going attitude.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts