Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size Kury P clamp do I use on the forks an 1800 R? I see the sizes in inches on the DLP website in inches, not millimeters. I believe the fork diameter is 56 mm.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark. I don't think they make a P clamp that size. By the way, what's the conversion formula? I'm too lazy to figure it out myself.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bullet lights Kevin. I can't find a single mount under the lower triple tree for a bike with a windshield. You tried to help me in another thread but all the part numbers that would work for me were for double mounts. Turn signals and driving lights. I just want to mount driving lights. Figured a p clamp was the way to go. Looks easy enough.
You ask why. Is there something I need to know about P clamps? Are they ugly?

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
OK, I mounted Driving Lights down by My floorboards, U can also mount them on you lower fork by the caliper.

I have just never heard or seen anyone mount a "P" clamp on the fork, not sure there is even one made that big.

U said U could not find a single mount for out side the shield, well whats wrong with using a dual and only using one of the holes??

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I mounted Driving Lights down by My floorboards, U can also mount them on you lower fork by the caliper.

I have just never heard or seen anyone mount a "P" clamp on the fork, not sure there is even one made that big.

U said U could not find a single mount for out side the shield, well whats wrong with using a dual and only using one of the holes??
Just don't want an empty hole sticking out there.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
Just don't want an empty hole sticking out there.

OK, understanable.. Then mount them were I did mine. Down by the Floor Boards. I found some nice Chrome Plates at a Bike Shop and then bolted them behind one of the factory bolts and ran the wire.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, understanable.. Then mount them were I did mine. Down by the Floor Boards. I found some nice Chrome Plates at a Bike Shop and then bolted them behind one of the factory bolts and ran the wire.
That's what I am going to do. Do you run your lights on high beam too? I am thinking about running the relay to the low beam power. How did you do it?

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
That's what I am going to do. Do you run your lights on high beam too? I am thinking about running the relay to the low beam power. How did you do it?

No, I got the Kury wiring kit.. It has its own on-off switch..

As far as High beam, I have 4 of the Kury Bullets, never really need any high beam..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts