Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 VTX1800S Red and Black. Does Honda have more than one Red color for VTXs? I've see a Durango Red and another Red. Does anyone know which red was on the 2004 VTXs with red and black paint? Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. USA Paint is the OEM paint supplier for Honda. I've heard Colorite paints don't match well. In any event, in not actually looking to paint the bike I need to buy new side covers and I want to make sure the Red color matches.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the paint codes will give information to match paint. I was just wondering if anyone knew the names of the Reds Honda used with VTXs. As I said, any used side covers aren't going to have paint codes on them. I basically want to know if I should be looking for Durango Red, Candy Red or some other Red.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. USA Paint is the OEM paint supplier for Honda. I've heard Colorite paints don't match well. In any event, in not actually looking to paint the bike I need to buy new side covers and I want to make sure the Red color matches.
I was giving you the paint code options, not recommending a source...Good luck with the project.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Neither the "name" of the red color, so how would it help?
If ya follow the bouncing ball you will find Honda used these colors and paint codes for the side covers on a 2004 VTX1800S;

*R274M* (WL) (DURANGO RED METALLIC)
*Y181P* (WL) (PEARL CHALLENGER BROWN)
*NH451M* (WL) (ORION SILVER METALLIC)
*NH1* (WL) (BLACK)

If it's red then I have a sneaking suspicion its *R274M*

Even if you painted the side covers with the ColorRite equivalent and it doesn't match perfectly you shoul dbe okay. If it's sitting ling enough from someone to make the distinction, well, then, you're not riding enough.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
If it's red then I have a sneaking suspicion its *R274M*

Even if you painted the side covers with the ColorRite equivalent and it doesn't match perfectly you shoul dbe okay. If it's sitting ling enough from someone to make the distinction, well, then, you're not riding enough.:mrgreen:
:agree:
And if the side cover came off of a bike, that bike has a color code on the frame, but not the name of the paint color... or as you said, if you know the bike model and year (or VIN), you can figure out the color code.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mine is a Red & Black 05 1800S (I know, I traded for cast wheels). I had to have my rear fender repainted. I just took off the side cover and took it to the paint store. They have a device that will match the paint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts