Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know and have seen.I had new custom paint job last april.Right now some of the paint on the head light is bubbling up..And the rest of the paint has tiny air pocket holes all over the paint from gassing out as it cured .The painter never sanded and buffed and polished it after it was done.So now I,m trying to set a date to get the paint fixed on the head light and another coat of clear then buffed and polished.The painter said she didnt buff and polish because there was no way to secure the parts while buffing.funny how most painters buff some how.Also she was informed about me using chemical striper to get off the old paint.One painter before messed it up twice so I had to strip off old paint.I gave my painter the parts sanded to bare metal.she said that the chemical used to strip the paint might be why the bubbles are on the head light.I,m pretty sure she should have done something about that.Instaed of lets see if that works.Right now she is being reluctant to do the repairs and make things right with out a bit more cash.I told her she needs to make things right.Waiting on further conversations.
Wizza has seen and been to her shop during the painting.Hope I dont have to take her to court about this.
Feed back is welcome.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
As a part of any task, If the work is partcially done when you start you need to find out what stage they stopped at. She saw that you stripped it. She should have asked what you used and what you cleaned that off with before starting. Unless her intentions were bad from the start. She wouldn't assume that the paint was mixed just because somebody took the top off. Or would she? You hate to stereotype but what is the first thing that comes to mind. Was SHE blonde too?

·
Registered
341 Posts
As a part of any task, If the work is partcially done when you start you need to find out what stage they stopped at. She saw that you stripped it. She should have asked what you used and what you cleaned that off with before starting. Unless her intentions were bad from the start. She wouldn't assume that the paint was mixed just because somebody took the top off. Or would she? You hate to stereotype but what is the first thing that comes to mind. Was SHE blonde too?

Well at least you didnt go with "what can you expect from a broad". :lol:

:agree:even if you had chemically stripped the tins for her, she should have prepped the parts herself, which include a light sanding to remove any chemicals or impurities, washing the parts and making sure they were thoroughly dried. After all isn't she the paint professional, assuming that you did a good job is the sign of an amateur if you ask me.

Hope you are able to get the job fixed and done right without much trouble.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup she is blonde indeed.Seems pretty smart but not much business savy.I seen a lot of her other work and it looked really good.:confused:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well at least you didnt go with "what can you expect from a broad". :lol:

:agree:even if you had chemically stripped the tins for her, she should have prepped the parts herself, which include a light sanding to remove any chemicals or impurities, washing the parts and making sure they were thoroughly dried. After all isn't she the paint professional, assuming that you did a good job is the sign of an amateur if you ask me.

Hope you are able to get the job fixed and done right without much trouble.
She was well aware of the chemical stripper .I even washed and sanded and washed the parts agian myself before she even got them.Yeah she hasent ben painting that long but Like I said her other stuff way good.Unless she didnt do all the work her self.:confused: Her dad runs the place so if she gives me any greif I,m sure he will see to it that she does it again and right.:roll:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy crap sorry about the spelling here .damn cat was trying to walk on the key board and I hit a few wrong keys.:yikes::dontknow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts