Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any yet, but suppose I plug the pair inlet, just to test it out, and the "gurgling" develops after a little while, and I like the sound....would it be mechanically sound to leave it as is, or will i be doing damage, other than the sound?

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
The reed valves may start to rust. I guess if that happen there is a possibility that you would get water in your exhaust port. Spike may be able to elaborate. I would just do the desmog. It's not that hard.

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
You can just plug them.. Just make sure U still take apart the valve and just use the stock cover with a rubber plug.

·
Super Moderator
64,223 Posts
There is 2 gurgles heard on this bike. 1 can be from the coolant system. Take the rad cap off and clean it with a toothbrush under the rubber gasket.
2. A plugged pair system hose that has had condensation build up inside. This has lead to water being sucked into the exhaust port making a great steam show. That isn't the trouble as I see it, the steam means it burned the water off anything it touched. Where I see the trouble is if that water was to drip down into a cold engine and water likes to corrode stuff, so rust inside the engine would be my worry.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so basically....don't risk it?

Im plugging it today just for the testing purposes, and if I like it I'll go through with the rest during the course of winter.

·
Super Moderator
64,223 Posts
No, for testing or even a few months of riding with it plugged is OK. Just not a good idea for long term

1 - 6 of 6 Posts